“Delicious fresh fish & chips!”
Review of Alaska Fish House

Alaska Fish House
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Alaska Fish House is easily Ketchikan's first choice for fresh Alaskan seafood. Visit us at the end of Main Street, just a short walk from the cruise ship docks. Enjoy gourmet seafood dining next to the most historic fishing fleet in Ketchikan. Try a complimentary sample of our delicious smoked salmon corn bread while ordering from our menu featuring alder-grilled salmon, halibut & chips, crab, and our famous smoked salmon chowder. Ship home the same smoked salmon that we feature on our menu.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Right by the water, seating inside and out. The halibut fish and chips were awesome! Very meaty fish with a very tasty batter. Plenty of food for one person!

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch after going on a float plane tour. My husband and I both had the halibut and chips. They do not use a traditional breading on the fish. It tasted like corn flakes that had been crushed up. I think it dried out the fish and overpowered it. The coleslaw was made with a vinegar base and was very good as were the fries that had a good seasoning on them.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a Chef's Tasting, six plates, all of local catches. I loved everything, but the oysters, but my wife said they were great. I think I'm going to be hearing more of Chef Taylor.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We enjoyed our lunch, the fish and chips were very good. You have a bit of a view of the small marina that the restaurant sits at. The young girls working the counter and dinning room must have been new, not knowledgeable of the menu and a bit reserved with the patrons. We were told by a local the restaurant just changed hands, the kitchen seem to be on their game though.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was fortunate enough, in preparation for our Alaskan cruise aboard the Golden Princess, to find out about the Chef's Table meal at the Alaska Fish House in Ketchikan, AK, It's a meal one shouldn't miss even though chairs are limited and you have to look hard to find them. The Chef is a young fellow who studied under one of the top chefs in the USA and you will hear of him later down the road, I promise you. The meal is pricey at $99 per person but you will not be disappointed, that I can promise you. Being from the Northern Gulf of Mexico (Alabama) region, it's hard to get me to brag on seafood served elsewhere but I'm doing it here and now. Chef Taylor, we look forward to following you as your career unfolds!