“Great scenery and lots of crabs!”

Experience Alaska Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$180.30*
and up
Alaskan Lodge Adventure & Seafeast
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Experience Alaska Tours for a favorite activity of locals - catching crabs! Take a two part journey into our daily life: pulling crab pots and enjoying a fresh Dungeness crab feast. Join our Captain on a short boat ride where the rugged terrain of Alaska is your landscape. Once you've pulled up the crab pots you'll return to the rustic wilderness lodge for a rowdy good time with Alaskan crab, beer, wine and more!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was an excellent excursion offered by our cruise. We rode a bus through Ketchikan to the Inlet Lodge. We traveled by boat and got to see the crab traps. We saw the old libby cannery and bald eagles everywhere. At the end we got the have all you can eat crabs...the lunch was fun and I could have stayed all day. I really did not want to leave when our time was up. The staff there was amazing!

1  Thank sunyatcamp
"dungeness crab"
in 72 reviews
"george inlet lodge"
in 26 reviews
"wilderness exploration and crab"
in 18 reviews
"fish"
in 29 reviews
"great excursion"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this excursion"
in 8 reviews
"explained everything"
in 4 reviews
"beautiful scenery"
in 9 reviews
"cruise line"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a great time and wonderful experience, I never was a crab fan but the ones that was served were delecious and great. It is a great time and the staff were all very helpful and gracious. I would reccomend this excursion highly for anyone that travels to Alaska.Bob and Lois

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful time on the Wilderness Exploration & Crab Feed. Beautiful place, exciting wildlife and great people. Oh, and the crab was quite delicious. Worth the trip!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is the 4th time I have taken this trip with different friends and family and it is always fabulous! The whales don't always cooperate and show up at St George Inlet but they did this time and the crew on the explorer made sure we got great photos and pleasure from them!!! The staff is always fun and informative and I NEVER get tired of the crab luncheon and their cheesecake for desert !! IF I GO TO ALASKA, I AM GOING ON THIS TRIP EVERY TIME !!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked this excursion through Princess Cruises on our May 24, 2014 sailing. We took a bus to the lodge and had a chance to see Ketchikan along the way. Once at the lodge we went out to the docks where our group was divided up onto two boats. (Note: There are a lot of steps to get down to the lodge, but they do provide a van ride for those who can't do steps.) Our boat pilot was Capt. Gil, a native of AK. He was great, as was our guide. We saw a number of bald eagles and a highlight was when Gil called to Harold (he's named the eagles), waved a fish and Harold came swooping out of the trees to get his "treat." We also saw humpback whales, seals, and a mother deer with her two fawns. They explained and demonstrated the crabbing process and pulled up a trap full of crabs for us to observe and hold. Once back at the lodge, we had an all-you-can-eat feast of Dungeness crab that was out of this world. The servers, the guides, the bus driver, and everyone else associated with this excursion were outstanding! Wish I could remember our guide's name. She was friendly, entertaining, and lots of fun. I would highly recommend this experience. It's well worth the money! Thanks to all for a great day.