“Precious Gem of Ketchikan”

Inn at Creek Street
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Juneau, Alaska, United States
“Precious Gem of Ketchikan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

The Inn at Creek Street is a charming place to be; I wished I could have stayed longer, and then there was a knock on my door, inviting me to a late check out time. I stayed in a junior sweet, located above a store front on the historic Creek St. boardwalk. A 2-minute walk to anything and the incredible rates brought me in, but the view and the staff will bring me back. My room was well stocked, clean, comfortable, including a jacuzzi and a darling selection of books tucked away on a shelf. These people know their business, and impressed me beyond my expectations.

Room Tip: Although I'm sure the rooms at the hotel are beautiful and historic, the privacy and space of th...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank VerityXX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Palmer, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I like the historic charm of the main hotel. The Creek Street suites I have stayed in are very comfortable and well kept. The manager Jose is very professional and service minded. Just a great place to stay and relax. I reserve a room here every trip through Ketchikan.

Room Tip: The suites on Creek Street are where it at!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Barnaby W
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

We had a great stay here and the loft room we had was perfect for our family of 4. To wake and see out our window salmon in the creek and birdlife a plenty was wonderful. Such a great introduction for our 2 boys to stay in this historic part of Ketchikan. Staff also very accomodating !

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Cleeveys
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this historic hotel. It was like traveling back in time to early Ketchikan. The room was very clean and comfortable with vintage furniture. It is within easy walking distance to many shops and restaurants. There are interesting historic sights in the general area to visit. They have a large walk-in freezer to accommodate hunters and fishermen such as myself. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The only draw back I can see is the steep flight of stairs to the rooms. This was not a problem for me but could be for other potential guests.
Same price as Ketchikan Motel 8 but better accommodations for me.
I really enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank dukxdog
Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stayed in a junior suite and the room was awesome. Very comfortable, clean, and private. Also, the room was above the shops on Creek Street -- an unbeatable location in town. The only downside was the late night noise outside the window. The room we stayed in could use some soundproofing, but we recognized that the hotel had no control over what people were doing down below us. Jose was incredibly helpful and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and will definitely book with him again on our next overnight trip to Ketchikan.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Beth S
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We took a group of 4 guys to the Inn for one night. Jose and his staff are the best. They went out of their way to make us at home. When we ran on bad luck on the return trip he even left church to make sure we made it to our flight. It was the BEST place we have stayed.

Room Tip: Just ask Jose, he will hook you up...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank p m
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Everything about my stay at the New York Hotel was great. The staff was wonderful, totally personable, accommodating, and lovely. The cafe downstairs was a perfect starting spot every morning. And my room was exactly what I needed -- clean, comfortable, with plenty of storage (I had lots of work gear with me). It was close to both a grocery store and the downtown shops and restaurants, so I had plenty to do in my non-working time there. Overall, I feel like I really got a sense of the town of Ketchikan thanks to my stay at the New York.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business