“Great room in the historic hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Inn at Creek Street
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Ketchikan
Wrangell, Alaska
“Great room in the historic hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

We showed up in Ketchikan spur of the moment without reservations. Although our favorite Star Room wasn't available, Jose gave us a charming room in the historic hotel. The room was, as their rooms always are, spotlessly clean. The bed was comfortable, the service great and as an added bonus, Myra and her husband were playing live music downstairs at O'Briens Pub. Once again, Jose and the crew at the New York Hotel made our anniversary special. Thank you.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

The hotel has several rooms or small apartments along the creek street. I stayed at the Preacher´s house which was very nice. A great way to start my vacation in Alaska. Jose was an amazing host making sure you felt at home. I hope to go back some day.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I had the pleasure at staying at the New York hotel for a few weeks while I was in Ketchikan on business. Because of the length of my stay, the extremely helpful concierge, Jose recommended that I stay in their apartment suite, located right next to the main hotel. On top of the stunning view of the harbor and mountains in the distance, my apartment also came with a washer/dryer, living room and huge bathroom. When I inquired about where I could print things in town, Jose went above and beyond and put a printer in my room.

To say that Jose and his wife are concierges is an understatement...caretakers would be a better word to describe them. From picking me up and dropping me off at the ferry, to even grabbing a few items for me during their trip to Wal-mart, they were always available to help. And when I got sick during my stay, Jose would call just to check in to make sure I was feeling ok and ask if I needed anything.

The hotel is located within walking distance to some of the best bars and shopping in Ketchikan. O'Briens pub, which is attached to the hotel, is a great little irish pub and I highly recommend the corned beef and O'briens stew.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

This place has charm. The house I stayed in was one of the many buildings on Creek Street that were houses of prostitution in the early 1900's. The house has been tastefully redecorated. It has living room full kitchen and bedroom on upper level. It's a 5 minute walk to down town and the marina is across the street. The only small drawback, it sits close to the main street, so you hear the street traffic. It is my favorite place to stay in Ketchikan, I stayed in another building last time that sits on the creek.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ketchikan, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was surprised by my Husband on Valentine's Day with a room at the New York Hotel! And surprised I was - not only at his thoughtfulness but of the accommodations! We stayed in the Star Room which is located on the second floor just above the SoHo Art Gallery (one of my favorites in town!). The room had a great view of the walkway at Creek Street and Ketchikan Creek. The room was spotless and had all the amenities we could ask for - coffee pot, refrigerator, etc. The staff was kind & accommodating. I would highly recommend for family or our guests!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Wrangell, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

The Inn at Creek Street and New York Hotel is our favorite place to stay in Ketchikan. We appreciate the great customer service and direct attention provided to us as an individual. Rooms are exceptionally clean and their are a variety of options to choose from. The location is great for walking to many attractions and the shuttle service is a an extra that is top notch and quite a cost savings. They are several comparable priced places to choose, but the Inn and Hotel are in our opinion a notch above the rest. Being local island folks we enjoy our weekend stays in Ketchikan.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

We got a room on the creek which was 2 levels, two bedrooms with all the modern expectations (wifi, TV), a walkway that we could sit out and enjoy the rushing river. Squeeky clean. Jacuzzi is nice touch. Nice people to deal with.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple