“If you like charm, convenience, and comfort this one is for you.”

Inn at Creek Street
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Rolla, Missouri
“If you like charm, convenience, and comfort this one is for you.”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We booked this hotel because of its location...right around the corner from Creek Street and adjacent to shopping and good restaurants. Much to our surprise it turned out to be our favorite hotel on our trip. The rooms are charming, the restoration of the old building amazing and the staff as friendly as can be. Jose, the manager, and his wife even invited us, some other guests, and friends to a BBQ on the back deck. The food in the Irish Pub downstairs was great and the staff soon became like old friends. If you want the charm of old Alaska with the comfort of a modern hotel don't miss this one. It is truly amazing. We hated to leave!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbor across the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tom S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

If you are travelling overland and not on a cruise ship this is the hotel for you. We rented The Preachers House next to New York Hotel near Creek Street. It has two bedrooms and a sofa bed downstairs in the lounge room. I cannot speak highly enough of the Managers Jose and Jessica they were fantastic and couldnt do enough for us. I wouldnt stay anywhere else, the house was great. Full kitchen, washing machine and drier full size tv and a great view out of the window. Right next to Dollys Museum on Creek Street. It does have stairs up to the unit but Jose will take your bags up. Great property with everything you need.

Room Tip: We rented the Preachers House as there was four of us there are single rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This was our first stay at the hotel it was highly recommend by a friend of ours and she was right the room was lovely, clean,comfy bed,coffee pot in the room and everything we needed in the bathroom to take either a bubble bath or shower
Myra and her husband even made arrangements for us to put 2 fish boxes of Tuna we brought up with us from California in the walk in freezer all ready to take over to Prince of Wales Island on the Ferry next day
They have a shuttle available for rides to both ferry,s which saves on cab fares
we have stayed at all of the hotels in Ketchikan over the years but this will definately be our first choice next year

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jangeo2011
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I always stay at this hotel when in Ketchikan, where I travel every couple of months on business. The hotel has rooms as well as apartment-style accommodations, all with lovely views of the water. The staff give rides to and from the airport ferry, which saves cab fare, and the rooms are clean and always ready for me when I arrive mid-day.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Wrangell, Alaska
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

We showed up in Ketchikan spur of the moment without reservations. Although our favorite Star Room wasn't available, Jose gave us a charming room in the historic hotel. The room was, as their rooms always are, spotlessly clean. The bed was comfortable, the service great and as an added bonus, Myra and her husband were playing live music downstairs at O'Briens Pub. Once again, Jose and the crew at the New York Hotel made our anniversary special. Thank you.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The hotel has several rooms or small apartments along the creek street. I stayed at the Preacher´s house which was very nice. A great way to start my vacation in Alaska. Jose was an amazing host making sure you felt at home. I hope to go back some day.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I had the pleasure at staying at the New York hotel for a few weeks while I was in Ketchikan on business. Because of the length of my stay, the extremely helpful concierge, Jose recommended that I stay in their apartment suite, located right next to the main hotel. On top of the stunning view of the harbor and mountains in the distance, my apartment also came with a washer/dryer, living room and huge bathroom. When I inquired about where I could print things in town, Jose went above and beyond and put a printer in my room.

To say that Jose and his wife are concierges is an understatement...caretakers would be a better word to describe them. From picking me up and dropping me off at the ferry, to even grabbing a few items for me during their trip to Wal-mart, they were always available to help. And when I got sick during my stay, Jose would call just to check in to make sure I was feeling ok and ask if I needed anything.

The hotel is located within walking distance to some of the best bars and shopping in Ketchikan. O'Briens pub, which is attached to the hotel, is a great little irish pub and I highly recommend the corned beef and O'briens stew.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business