Inn at Creek Street
  • Restaurant
Gilmore Hotel(Ketchikan)
The Cedars Lodge(Ketchikan)
View Hotel
My Place Hotel-Ketchikan, AK(Ketchikan)
Metlakatla Hotel(Metlakatla)
View Hotel
All reviewsnew york hotelcreek streetfull kitchenstar roomairport ferryloved this hotelrestaurant next doorseparate bedroomjacuzzi tubsteep stairsstreet noisesalmongreat viewwithin easy walking distancehistoric hotelin townwasher dryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2013

As some have mentioned, the hotel is above O'Brien's Pub. It can be noisy until10:00 and then the bar closes. Also, if you have rooms in the front, it can be very noisy from traffic until about 6:00 am onward and all during the day until later in the evening. The room itself was fine. And the location was excellent for walking and catching the bus. There are no screens on the windows, which was surprising, but fortunately, no bugs in September. While transportation to and from the ferry and to the airport, is complementary, I would not rely on it. Make alternative plans. While the staff is friendly, they are also very busy and guests not their only priority. I think this is more a reality of ketchikan life and juggling realities than anything else.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back away from road traffic; O'Brien Pub still a likely issue.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ketch-a-gal, Public Relations Manager at Inn at Creek Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you, BriaBoston, for your objective review of our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed the location and beautiful view and hope the background noise didn’t rob you of a good night’s sleep. Though the traffic on the street below is not within our control (except to offer our guests a room facing the hillside or on the boardwalk, rather than the waterfront), the noise from the pub below is within our control. We listen to our guests and some, such as yourself, have told us that though they love the local flavor and atmosphere of the pub, the Friday night noise was just a bit much after a long day of travel. Beginning in early April, the pub will revert back to the New York Cafe. It will feature specialty coffees, fabulous meals (with a focus on fresh, Ketchikan seafoods), and local flavor--along with a quieter evening experience.

You are correct, life in Ketchikan can be a juggling act. However, this should never be a hindrance to our guests. We are very sorry you experienced unreliable transportation! We appreciate your honesty and are keeping your comments in mind as we ramp up our staffing for the coming season.

Renee McLaughlin, Marketing Manager

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed at the Inn rather than the hotel. The suite was spacious and comfortable with a kitchen and washer and dryer. The view looked out over the Creek St Bridge and the Harbor--not bad. The location's a short walk from the downtown area. O'Brien's Pub downstairs was very good. Housekeeping missed our room one day. WiFi was spotty or non-existent. Jose at the front desk was helpful getting us to and from the ferry.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Mccambjd,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations on the Creek Street Boardwalk. The Inn’s furnished vacation rentals are a great way to feel at home when you are away from home. With full kitchens and, as you mentioned, pretty darn good views and even a washer and dryer, they are both charming and practical. We are sorry to hear that you had trouble with the WiFi. Besides being a wonderful host, Jose is also very good at fixing problems with electronics and he has made sure this connection is strong for future visitors. We hope you will return to Ketchikan again in the future and look forward to another opportunity to serve you.
Renee McLaughlin, Marketing Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Super friendly staff Renee was a joy, we arrived off of the ferry and she took great care of us. Creek Street is the place to be. We are lucky enough to be there during salmon spawning season. Thousands of salmon and seals chasing them all over. I highly recommend the rooms over the creek.

• Stayed: August 2013

Tobaccocay-
Thank you for reviewing our property. It was a pleasure to meet you and I’m glad that I was able to add joy to your Alaska vacation. You are right, Creek Street is the place to be! Every day I consider myself lucky as well: I get to escort guests to our various suites and vacation rentals and tell them of the history of the area and point out the seals and other wildlife that live right outside their doors. It’s a truly amazing place. I am so glad you enjoyed it!
Renee McL, Marketing Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I were in Ketchikan a couple of days early before boarding the Alaskan Dream for a cruise. I selected this hotel based on the online reviews & ratings and was surprised to arrive to a dark, dusty lobby that made me highly suspicious about the accommodations. When a staff person arrived I asked to see the room prior to taking luggage etc. when she took me down an alley and to a door, with a cigarette butt at the entrance, I was already thinking of where else we would be able to get a room on such short notice. After determining that the room was not going to work she took us to another one which also was not o.k..
I booked a "townhouse" type room, 2 floors, washer/dryer, kitchen...what was photographed and posted online did not even remotely resemble what we were offered!!
I have NO idea how this property has received so many "good' ratings? But buyer beware this place is a dump in my opinion.
I do have to say that the desk clerk was super nice, the one redeeming quality!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beth J
SMReeve, Manager at Inn at Creek Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

We, as managers and owners of this family hotel, were taken completely aback by this review. We pride ourselves in providing very attractive, comfortable, and clean rooms and absolutely the best customer service possible to our wonderful guests. It turns out this reviewer--in a rush to judgment--did not even enter the room which she gives a poor rating to. It is unfortunate that this guest was not pleased. We do occasionally meet travelers who would enjoy an ordinary chain-style hotel more than one that reflects the unique character of the town. However, our overall rating as #1 in Ketchikan truly reflects the top-notch service, location, cleanliness and value we strive to provide. If you are looking for a hotel with charm and authenticity, you will be pleasantly 'surprised' with the variety of historic properties and splendid customer service at the Inn at Creek Street and New York Hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had room number 7. Its on the 2nd floor above a gravel parking lot. Be advised that this hotel has small cramped rooms in a setting near a busy street and marina. Our bed was hard and the unscreened windows let in a lot of bugs. It has WI-FI and a nice large fridge. Since there is a bar downstairs, it can be quite noisy until 11 pm. The advantage of this property is its location in the heart of Ketchikan. Not a lot of options in Ketchikan, so I am not sure where I could stay that was better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple