“Spectacular natural setting wonderful staff”

and 1 more site!
Salmon Falls Resort
Enterprise, Alabama
“Spectacular natural setting wonderful staff”
Reviewed 22 August 2009

My wife and I, along with a group of friends, had the pleasure of staying at the Salmon Falls Resort for 4 nights in August, 2009. First, the setting is beautiful. Salmon Falls is located about 15 miles north of Ketchikan on Revillagigedo Island, Alaska. It overlooks Betton Island (named by Capt. George Vancouver in 1793) and the Clover Passage. The Salmon Falls waterfall is located immediately next to the Lodge. At the time of our stay there were many, many Salmon making their "run."

The Lodge staff were extremely helpful in every respect. They picked us up at Ketchikan airport, made all of the arrangements for fishing, gave us ideas for hikes and day adventures, arranged a float plane ride and took us back and forth to Ketchikan. The meals at the resort were large and delicious. We had to leave very early the last day and the resort prepared a small breakfast for our departure. They also prepared and provided picnic lunches for fishing.

I would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrequentTraveller090

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Belleair Beach, FL
Reviewed 9 June 2009

This is a review of the restaurant only because we did not stay here but the restaurant was recommended by the owner of the Black Bear Inn. I did rate the rooms as a four because they looked very nice, but note I just looked inside a window. The restaurant is fabulous, I don't know why it isn't listed on the restauarant page. I think it's better than Annabelle's. It is located way way out of town almost at the end of the road, so anyone visiting would have to have a rental car to get here. The service and food were both first class and the view/atmosphere is outstanding. This is a true hidden gem.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackieh8
florida
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Salmon Falls resort...the title does not do this place justice! It should be called the Salmon falls experience. There is lodging that is of the log cabin style (very comfortable nothing fancy), a restruant were we ate some of the freshed fish, crab, oysters, and muscles, and had amazing steak and the best chowder I have ever had. Then there is the fishing which is world class. we were going for Salmon and Halibut (came home with over 100lbs of halibut fillets!!!). There are also jet boat tours and a gift shop which mainly are for the visitors from the cruise ships.
We were there for the fishing, which was great, but ended up having some of the best times at the restaurant. The dinning was out of this world!!! And to top everything off the staff is fantastic! They went out of their way to get to know us, and make us feel comfortable and to accomidate all of our needs.
For the alsakan experience, with amazing fishing and great dinning I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank cducoin
Southern California
Reviewed 20 September 2008

We booked a jet boat cruise and tour of the local waterways with the Salmon Falls Resort. The facilities, staff, and equipment were first class. Our tourguide Molly was born and raised in the area. Her stories about growing up there were absolute treasures. I inadvertantly left a camera behind when we left. When I realized what happened I was to far away to return. I called and talked to Chris, they had my camera. They tried to relay it to me but it was too late. They packed it up and mailed it to me. I received it as good as new shortly after I got home. A truly first class operation that puts their guests first.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Healdsburg, CA
Reviewed 6 September 2008

The Resort, services, location, boats, and guides couldn't be better.
Fishing for halibut and coho was balanced so we could choose which one to pursue. The weather was sunny and clear the first day and the coho weren't biting (I only landed one but something big slammed my rod and broke the 50 lb leader. No idea what it was.) We opted to go for halibut and weren't disappointed. Largest was 43 lbs. Second day dawned rainy and windy so we ran for about an hour south to what I call Coho beach. We trolled close in to shore in about 60 feet of water and ran into a school of coho. At one point we had four fish on. Everyone got their limit and then we tried halibut but only landed one. Third day was clear, sunny, and calm again. We returned to coho beach and had our limits by 10am. Halibut fishing was not good again. When I left for the airport at 630am my two boxes of fish were packed and ready. They were still frozen solid when I got home. The food at the resort is wonderful and the portions huge.
I fished all three days with the same guide and he was great. I highly recommend Salmon Falls Resort and plan to return next year.

• Liked — Fishing, great food friendly staff and scenery
  • Disliked — Liked it all--except "Mo & Curly"
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
redmond,
Reviewed 25 August 2007

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!! What a great experience. Friendly staff, bend over backwards to make your stay the BEST EVER. New owners are really putting it all together. Fishing exceeded my dreams for this time of year. If you get the chance take it, it is well worth it.. Already planning for next year.

• Liked — so nice for a place in Ketchikan
  • Disliked — Breakfast could be improved upon, otherwise nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 July 2004

Had a fantastic time. All the staff were great! Went fishin and slammed the salmon. Ask for Mike Kalenas for your guide if you want a great fishing exsperiance, he'll put you on the fish. Top notch all the way. I would highly recomend a stay to anyone. This is a trully awesome destination.