“Exceptional Customer Service!!!”

Carlin Air Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Carlin Air is here to provide all of your flightseeing dreams. We specialize in Misty Fjords National Monument tours, Bear Viewing tours and custom tours in the Ketchikan, Alaska area. Jeff Carlin, owner/pilot has 30 years of flying experience and is the pilot of choice for the local community.
Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional Customer Service!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

our plans were to do a remote fly in fishing trip to Mcdonald lake in the tongass national forest. Upon securing the cabin, Laura at carlin air was exceptional at helping us with all our travel and gear needs! The correspondence with Laura was better than fantastic. I would like to personally thank Laura,Jeff and John for making our fishing trip a lifetime of memories. Carlin Air is true professionals in every way. If your planning a trip to Ketchikan make sure you call carlin air. Top notch in every way! Your friends from buffalo n.y

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Fred S

San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent customer service even when cruise stop cancelled”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

A few months ago we booked a cruise on Carnival that was supposed to stop in Ketchikan. We wanted to go see the bears at Anan and Laura at Carlin Air was very helpful and prompt in getting us booked. I opened an email today for Carnival saying our itinerary had changed and we were no longer stopping in Ketchikan. Before I had even had time to look up my booking information with Carlin I already had an email from Laura advising me my Cruise itinerary had changed. She provided me with options for alternate dates and an offer of a full refund. It was so nice to deal with Laura and a business that is so well organized and customer service oriented. I would definitely recommend Carlin Air.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Julie W
Toronto, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Fantastic day excursion at Misty Fjord!!!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I made arrangements through the internet for the Misty Fjord. Laura at Carlin Air was exceptional with her friendliness and responsiveness.

My family of 5 finally arrived to Ketchikan via a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in August. We had booked a 11:30 am tour so we had a chance to take the city's free shuttle to do some sightseeing in the shopping area.

Laura promptly arrived to pick us up for our trip from the dock. It was only a short ride to their office.

Jeff, our pilot, give us a wonderful and safe tour of the Misty Fjord area. The scenery was breathtaking. And we even got a chance to land in a quiet lake and give 10-15 mins to stretch on legs and take some photos. It was an awesome tour!!!!

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“The Misty Fjords Should Not Be Missed! One of the Best Alaskan Excursions.”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I'm a big travel buff, and I spend most of my trips searching for the wild places that showcase whatever makes the locale I'm in special. After deciding to head to Ketchikan, I began looking for someone to take us around the Misty Fjords National Monument. If you travel to Alaska, this is one of those things that you must do. Seeing the towering fjords walls, glassy lakes reflecting the sky, and the history of the incredible power of glaciers in pristine, untouched condition will remind you of how vast and amazing our world is. It's one of those things that you take for granted, with it being so close- but you'll never feel so far away.

Jeff and the crew at Carlin Air are excellent, and should be your first choice when looking for a flightseeing excursion. It's easy to rate my experience a five solely on the beauty and wonder I experienced flying over Misty Fjords, but I appreciated his 35 years of experience, his calm and quiet confidence, and his affable nature. As the owner/operator of a De Havilland Beaver (what an awesome plane- goes to show you that the classics are the best!) his commentary was knowledgeable and, thankfully, not forced. I've spent enough time on tours and exploring to be grateful for someone who stops yammering long enough to take a breath and let you look around, while also not resorting to dry pre-recorded "tour commentary" like some operators.

Alaska, for me, was a dream vacation, and one I had been planning for some time. I have nothing but good things to say about my flightseeing trip with Carlin Air; if you'd like to read more about my trip, as well as seeing more of my high-res photos from inside Jeff's plane while over the fjords, I have written an article recounting my personal experiences here:

There are about twenty photos and a much longer, more detailed review. Happy travels!

Visited September 2013
Naperville, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Greatest Visual Experience & Pilot/Guide”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Ketchikan and the Misty Fjords was our first port of call on our Island Princess Sea and Land tour. I had found Carlin Air on internet and had liked what Jeff Carlin was all about and made reservations. Amazing insight! I had also stated my wife's excitement about flying in a small (BUSH) plane and requested the co-pilot seat which she was unaware of until Jeff told her to GET UP THERE! Jeff provides an outstanding and personal Misty Fjord tour unlike the BIG OUTFITS. As a professional and native pilot he points out and identifies. Topping off the tour, Jeff swung his Beaver down into a valley only a little over a mile and put his plane down on the lake surrounded by forests next to a small island we all got out and stretched our legs on. An amazing and beautiful tour.

Visited October 2012