“Highlight of Our Alaska Cruise and Land Tours !!!!!”

Mountain Air Service Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 15 Nature & Parks in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Air Service specializes in personal flight seeing tours.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I did a 2 hour Seaplane Tour that was totally awesome. There were only 5 of us on the Seaplane. Randy was our pilot who knew all of the the Alaska Frontier. We had a 20 minute stop in a pristine part of the Alaska Wilderness. The views from the Seaplane were breathtaking. The plane was equipped with headsets with smooth music and the narration from Randy. If you get to Ketchikan, you gotta take this tour - it was absolutely awesome.

There are newer reviews for Mountain Air Service Day Tours

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We booked at the dock after arriving by cruise ship in Ketchikan. Very fortunate they had availablility. The 90 minute Misty Fjords flight was amazing, scenery was incredible. We also landed at a remote location and got off the plane to see first hand the forest and plants. The trip was longer than what others offered.

The take off and landings were so smooth. Randy was a great pilot and provided a nice mix of commentary and peaceful music to complement the amazing views. They were very accommodating for all in our party, including my 5 year old son. I feel like we got a much better experience and value booking directly with Mountain Air.

The pickup and drop off was from the dock was excellent and the nice young man was very sweet to point out the amazing marine life at the docks. My son loved seeing all the jellyfish.

Very family friendly service. Highly recommend! Thank you for making our visit to Ketchikan so memorable.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Whilst visiting Ketchikan four of us took a trip on Mountain Air Service seaplane tour,we all had a window view, It really was wonderful, Randy was a local born resident who certainly knew the best route for our tour, he gave a a short break on a pontoon half way through the trip which was amazing. Can highly recommend this family run company.We booked with him on line and he was most helpful with all the arrangements. Thanks Randy! an experience we shall never forget.The Gilbert Family.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I originally contacted Island Wings for a sea plane excursion through the Misty Fjiords. Michelle was booked but referred me to Randy at Mountain Air. Everything went smoothly from the booking over the phone to the end of the excursion. We were in a six passenger (plus pilot) plane. Everyone had a window seat and I was up front with Randy as the "co-pilot." We were in Alaska for 13 days and this was one of the highlights of our trip. I would definitely recommend Randy and Mountain Air.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We bought a flight seeing tour through Mountain Air with Randy. He did a great job of flying in close to the mountains and then stopping at a dock then back to Ketchikan. The tour was really nice and I loved the music he chose for going through Misty Fjords. There is not a glacier there, but he did explain options for renting cabins and the history of the Monument rather than park. He flew around the island and showed us where the bridge to nowhere was supposed to go. We originally tried to book Island Wings, they have the best ratings but Randy is getting her overflow and I am really glad he was very good. His business is newer. I had wanted to book the tour of the fjord and then to a crab restaurant for a feast from the boat, but it was fully booked. This tour was longer and for less so I was happy with this turn of events. His plane is beautifully restored and in great shape.