“Excellent Flight!”

Mountain Air Service Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 14 Nature & Parks in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Air Service specializes in personal flight seeing tours.
Orlando, Florida
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Excellent Flight!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The 2 of us were picked up at the visitor center with another family of 5 right on time. The driver pointed out several things on the drive to the plane. That was nice because we had just arrived and had no idea where we were. Randy’s plane is really nice. It has leather seats and air vents. 2 things I had yet to see in a float plane. He was very nice and accommodating. My husband had a bit of trouble seeing on the flight out and Randy was kind enough to move him up front on the flight back. That was very much appreciated. This plane has much better windows than any others I have seen. But the second row can strain your neck if you are tall. But the windows are still huge and you can see a lot. So don’t let that discourage you. If you are tall just request to sit in the front or back two rows. All seats are window seats and have great views. The flight itself was amazing! We had perfect sunny weather. The Misty Fjords is such a site to see. We did stop for about 30 minutes in the middle to get out and take photos. That was nice touch that I don’t think other companies offer. Randy is very knowledgeable about the area and the history. You can tell he really loves his business and gives it his all. I highly recommend this company for a Misty Fjords tour. They are awesome. After our flight they were taking another group out and they were going bear tracking. So look at the all the options with them. You may be able to add on something extra.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mako2002

Indianapolis
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Part of Our Trip”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

When the kayak trip my wife and I were scheduled to take in Ketchikan was canceled we found our our way to Mountain Air Service's booth on the in the dock visitors center. Although we may have found Mountain Air by accident the experience was no accident. Randy and his team are aviation professionals running a top notch service. Randy's extensive experience not only as a pilot, but with the local area and it's wild life combine to make a safe and informative experience. We took the 2-hour Misty Fjords seaplane tour and were amazed with the vast beauty of the area. Landing on a remote lake with a large pontoon dock was a real surprise. The seaplane tour was one of the highlights of our trip. We highly recommend the tours provided by Randy and Mountain Air Service.

Visited July 2014
Palo Alto, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Highlight of trip”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wow! Everything about this was great. Really phenomenal trip -- four of us plus two others with Randy. I thought I had signed up with Island Wings, but they refer back and forth if they are full. We were not in the least sorry -- it was really wonderful. And, during our water landing, Randy found a place where we were close to bears -- a mama and 3 cubs. We stayed there for a good 30 minutes, watching them (and of course, taking pictures). Everyone -- from the 14 year old boy to the 74 year old grandfather -- loved it!

Visited July 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First class & fun!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our family of 6 enjoyed an amazing outing with Randy in his immaculate plane. I felt safe and secure in the plane at all times, and could relax and enjoy the scenery and the information about what we were seeing. It was an awesome experience for all of us, aged 10 to 60+.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank 714tracy
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took the 2-hour Misty Fjords seaplane tour with Randy. What an amazing way to see Ketchikan! Randy was very professional, informative, and most of all, safe. We got to land on two different lakes, and walked the beach on one. If you get a chance to do this excursion, I would highly recommend it!

2 Thank Ajdpistons