“Okay if brothels don't make you depressed with humanity”

Dolly's House Museum
Ranked #27 of 61 things to do in Ketchikan
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This tour was part of a package and while I admit the tour guides were doing their best to make this part of history interesting, sex trade is not my idea of a healthy life style and it was depressing for me to see photos of women whose bodies were leased. .

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"silk"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 14 June 2014

While beginning our walk along Creek Street, I see this awesome dressed lady. I had to talk to her and she told me just enough to peek my interest. The museum is $10, with a video story in each room. There are plenty of time period items and a glimpse into the life of a very savvy woman. The story itself is pretty impressive. The items you view are a bonus.

2  Thank fushooo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stopped here when our cruise ship was in port for the day. The lady who greeted us at the front door was dressed in period costume and was quite cute. The lady who took our money inside was very knowledgeable about Dolly and told us all kinds of funny stories about her. Just go and see this house and enjoy looking at all of the old things that were Dolly's. If you take a moment, you can put yourself back in the a period of time where the men came to see her. It was a fun place to visit!

2  Thank USN_Seabee_Wife
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We loved this little museum! We learned so much and had so much fun going from room to room! Admission was $10/person which I didn't think was too bad at all. You could spend as much time as you wanted in the rooms. We got there early in the morning right as it was opening so it wasn't busy at all.

2  Thank Tosha F