“Great location on the water”

Bar Harbor Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 72 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Price range: US$19 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great food. Had the red snapper special. Good service. Wine list is typical for the area and not much to choose from by the glass.

1  Thank dchof
There are newer reviews for Bar Harbor Restaurant

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Four of us had dinner here and all agreed it was absolutely fabulous - best in town! We also felt that it was some of the best fish we ever had!

We sat outside looking over looking the harbor which was beautiful.

Desserts were fresh and fantastic!

Would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to my next trip back there.

If you are staying downtown, would suggest 'cabbing' it!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant several times and it is a treat most times. I love the indoor atmosphere, however the front needs some maintenance to truly reflect the cozy interior experience. My favorite is the scallop appetizers (although price and portion do not match...you feel a little jipped when they put it in front of you) but they are excellent in taste and presentation. Have had steaks over cooked here more often lately it seems but the quality of the steak is good. By Ketchikan standards this is the best restaurant here without a doubt. Cozy, quaint, and the owner is great at coming to your table. The two times I had gotten my steaks way over cooked I did not complain (but should have-ordered MR and got MW) because I was with guests and had recommended the place.

1  Thank Kenny H
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I love this restaurant. We had exceptional service. My steak was a bit underdone and the chef came out to personally apologize after cooking it a bit more. The desserts were to die for!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our best dining experience in Ketchikan! The restaurant is located in a small, old building with a cozy interior décor, right on the harbor. The service was excellent with the owner tending to each table as well. We were lucky to get a table due to a cancellation. The restaurant was fully booked on the Saturday we visited; I recommend reserving a table in advance. The wine and beer selection was very good. I had the crab with homemade gnocchi in pesto sauce; my husband chose that night’s special, blackened prime rib steak and coconut prawns. Both meals were absolutely delicious! All in all, this was a real winner!!

2  Thank AuroraAlaska