“Small Guy!”
Review of Diaz Cafe

Diaz Cafe
Ranked #24 of 74 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Description: Diaz Cafe is closed for the season. We will reopen in March 2018. Thank you for your another great year and we look forward to serving you in the Spring.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ordering the "Small Guy" at Diaz Cafe is a Ketchikan tradition. This small, family owned restaurant, never fails to deliver a wonderful and delicious home cooked meal in a fine Filipino tradition. Good service, hometown atmosphere and food that never fails. You can't beat it! Order lumpia for an appetizer and you'll be HOOKED!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had lunch here and it was good. My husband ordered the Wednesday special...chicken adobo. I ordered the shrimp chop suey and side order of lumpia. So delicious. My chop suey had lots of "gravy" and good size chunks of shrimp, but a lot of celery. The lumpia came with a side of soy sauce/vinegar dipping sauce. Both dishes came with rice. Will definitely come back here.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We went specifically to try the Wednesday special, Chicken Adobo, to see if it was as good as other reviewers say. Since we never pass up Lumpia we had some of that also. It was a very satisfying lunch but not exceptional. A chicken leg and thigh were served in a flavorful, mildly sweet sauce along with rice and a cabbage and celery vegetable. It makes a pretty good comfort food kind of lunch and is worth an occasional return trip when one is hungry for that kind of food.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Excellent Asian-type foods here! Try the chicken adobo ... the special one day a week. Or fried rice is good, or ... just about anything. Bring cash. Like me, you'll probably just keep coming back.

1  Thank AK_Steve_AK
Reviewed 14 July 2013

All of the excellent reviews that Diaz Cafe has received are true. I love Filipino cuisine and that's why I went. Not only was the food perfect, but the hospitality from Cora and Clara made me feel like more than a customer. Diaz Cafe is my new favorite restaurant in Ketchikan.

1  Thank That_Darn_Matt