“A wide variety is savory Asian American food, new owners and new decor. The food is amazing don't listen to all the older previo”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Galley

Cuisines: Philippine, Chinese, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

The food is amazing don't listen to all the older previous reviews before December 2012. New owners don't have hair, bugs, dogs, etc. I heard old owners are going to have a new place, watch out for the old review warnings! Great Lumpia!

4 Thank MyraSmith

Austin, TX
“Wouldn't come back here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

My wife used to live in Ketchikan and remembered this place completely different. The tea is instant. I had the fried rice with shrimp which was actually good, but my wife had the #2 special and couldn't even bring herself to eat it. If you do go here be careful what you choose.

Alaska
“It has a following, but I'm not one of them.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I agree that The Galley tends to look less than clean, and the food is pretty greasy. They are known for their pancit, chicken adobo, and lumpia. If you like Filipino food, you might enjoy The Galley. I do love lumpia, but theirs is so greasy that I can't eat it. We said the last time we went that we wouldn't be going back.

• Visited January 2012
Ketchikan, Alaska, United States
“never eating there again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

more than once when we had it delivered, we ordered pancit and lumpia, when it arrived and we started to eat i found a hair in the food and once a fly. also when we ate in the restaurant there was a dog running around in the kitchen and kids running around in the kitchen too.

• Visited March 2011
Ketchikan, AK
“A nice dive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have been going to this restaurant since I was a little kid. The food is decent. We had the lumpia while we were there which was very good and the dipping sauce was the best! I really want to like this restaurant but they need to sink more money into the building and decor. The building hasn't changed much in over 30 years! The seats are very old and it is because of this that I think most people are discouraged from eating there. The service was good though. There isn't much of a view other than the road and the mall across the street.

• Visited November 2011