Review Highlights
Fabulous place

Real Art by real Alaskans, Native art of all kinds and wonderful assortment of items from... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
kcd120
Spokane, Washington
Beautiful Authentic Native Alaskan Art.

This shop has a wide variety of athentic Native Alaskan art by locals and owners Ken and Monica... read more

Reviewed 13 May 2018

from US$169.34
from US$269.00
from US$125.00
More Info
All reviews native art shop keepers cruise ship docks decker shawl necklace paintings gallery jewelry drawing alaska
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Much better shopping here than down by the pier! When I visited their store 5 years ago they had some wonderful hand carved Christmas decorations displayed on a tree. I was disappointed, as I didn't see them there on this years visit. My sister and I still found some great gifts.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Privately owned store (not owned by the cruise ship companies), with wonderful treasures to memorialize your Alaskan trip and support native artisans. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable, the prices very fair. Highly recommend you stop here rather than the typical souvenir shops closer to the cruise docks1

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

When I knew I was going back to Alaska I was excited to once again visit my absolute favorite Inside Passage shop. I had visited once before and purchased a beautiful hand carved pendant. Honestly it is one of my most prized possessions and I never take it off. That first visit I must have been there for hours just browsing and having conversation.

I knew that when I was going back that I would once again try to find a piece of jewelry from CWS. The shop keepers remembered my necklace and welcomed me back like I was a long lost friend. Again I spent a good amount of time trying to find the perfect memento...i did of course. A beautiful hand carved silver ring. I also picked up a print - made from the owner Ken's original art, a journal, a shawl and a few other pieces.

If you find yourself in Ketchikan or cruising the Inside Passage I implore you to stop in to see Ken and his beautiful wife, tell them the 'Killer Whale Girl' says hello!

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Great place to purchase North coast Native Art. Artist and wife own shop and are very friendly. All forms of art available, drawings, bent wood boxes, paintings, jewelry, cards, etc.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

This shop is small, intimate, full of treasures made by true native artists sourced locally and some made on-the-spot. Excellent place to learn more about Native history, the artwork and the meaning behind the symbols, tribe animals and characters. It's a little pricey, but it is because it is genuine. The silver and gold pieces are unique and amazing, and all the work that is put in to all the different things are the reason it is expensive. It is made by the best locally sourced materials, made by people who have learned the craft from their elders, and put a lot of love into it. Locals get discounts, (understandably) and sometimes they will slip in an extra little present to your bag if you've spent some money in there. You can find gifts for everyone in the family whether your are on a budget or you want to splurge.