“Amazing Professional Service and Gorgeous Jewlery and Presentation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orca Jewels

Orca Jewels
Ranked #5 of 28 Shopping in Ketchikan
Bellevue, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Professional Service and Gorgeous Jewlery and Presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I were on the cruise and off ship came upon this shop on June 23, 2014. The men who waited on us, Ali and his brother, were very professional and explained that they do not have contracts with the cruise lines so they can charge fairer prices. My husband bought an exquisite chocolate diamond ring from them and they gave us insurance certificate and they promised to take care of any issues with it if we mailed it back to them. We spent at least a half hour in the shop. The gentlemen were informative and hospitality was offered with bottled water and directions to places we wanted to see. My husband bought be a pair of diamond earrings from them too.

The owners were caring, professional and politely engaging and detailed as to what was made locally and what was not. They had a strong command of English with no distinctive accent. They were co owners with family in the shop. Oh and yes they had darker skin then us, which is an irrelevant detail as to their character, but I only bring it up because I see a seemingly slanderous review has been entered before mine.

Orca Jewels is worth stopping by, the wood work jewelry display in their shop shows pride of their business. It was hand detailed by a local craftsmen. it is worth stepping in just to see that.

When I got back to the 48 states no one had seen a ring quite like mine around here. That is because they designed the setting.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank BreJohnG

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Shop in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This jewelry shop is by far the best in Ketchikan. The customer service is the best I have ever seen. The Orca staff is extremely friendly, personable and made us feel very welcomed. We were offered refreshments while we shopped around store. I tried on several pieces and not once did the staff get impatient with me. They in fact encouraged me to try on any piece that I liked. I purchased some exquisite pieces that I haven't seen anywhere else. The next time I visit Ketchikan I will be sure to stop by Orca Jewels!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ruhina K
San Antonio, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best jeweler in Ketchikan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Tons of jewelers in Ketchikan but this is the only one that you should spend time in and shop. Selection and prices are terrific and the sales people/owner were a delight to work with. Very helpful, not pushy, very fair. This was the only store that offered items that were distinct and different than any other store we visited. High quality, beautiful hand made pieces as well as the more traditional type of jewelry that you'll see - at a much better price and from owners that make you feel special.
Stacey & Richard - Texas

3 Thank Stacey H
Kelowna, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“authentic alaskan items”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

the two young men who own the store were very friendly and informative on selecting authentic alaskan items. they explained what to look for in logos and what each meant. they were also willing to barter on pricing and generously offered us water or soda, as a thank-you for visiting.

2 Thank Mike B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Orca Jewels a great shop to check out in Ketchikan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Orca Jewels is a very nice jewelry/art shop with very kind people willing to help anybody. When you walk in they greet you with a smile on there face. Family owned and operated.They also have some items form the local artists of Ketchikan. This i thought was fantastic, not every shop has these. They have amazing items in their store that are deffinetly worth going to check out. I really enjoyed the shop and found some great one of a kind items for my family and friends, that i could not find at the other shops around the area. The prices and services are the best at Orca Jewels, I can't wait to go back and see them again!

2 Thank Ashley C