“Small Surprise in Ketchikan Alaska”
Review of Pioneer Cafe

Pioneer Cafe
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have just returned from an Alaska Cruise on Princess cruises thru the inside passage. We have done this cruise before and just love cruising the inside passage. One of our favorite places to visit is Ketchikan. On our first visit to Ketchikan we decided to have a late breakfast in town. We stepped off the ship and asked one of the locals, Told the person what we were looking for and he guided us straight to the Pioneer Cafe 619 Mission street, which was just a few blocks from the cruise ships piers..
Pioneer Cafe has reasonable prices on their menu items, the food is freshly made up and the Cafe is always busy. So there might be a slight delay in waiting for a table, but worth the wait. We have eaten here before a couple times and we have our favorites,
Mine is Halibut, Eggs & Potatoes, (Great Breakfast)! My partner she like to eat the Reindeer Sausage, Eggs & Potatoes , (she really likes this Breakfast). But from what we hear all the entrees on the menu are good. Do your self a favor someday if you are on a cruise to Ketchikan; skip the breakfast on board the ship and head on over to Pioneer Cafe, you'll be glad you did. I know we are and can't wait till our next trip to Ketchikan, Alaska.
Also would like to add that after your dining experience you can walk a block or two to Creek St. for shopping. Enjoy this Adventure..
Happy Traveling
John Scalise
Dunedin Florida

2  Thank scalise12

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Huge portions! Delicious breakfast, so much food we could not finish it all. Pancakes the size of hubcaps! Biscuits and gravy just like grandma makes!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter was in the hospital for about 2 weeks she missed the 4th of July festivities this year. In the hospital she went several days without eating. When I finally got to bring her home and she was feeling a little better she woke up in the early afternoon our first day back at home saying she was soooo hungry.everyone at the pantry was great my daughter just wanted a kids menu pancake that they put strawberries and whip cream on for the kids.Granted I've been going to the pantry since I was a kid and have even had family work there for years in the past knowing my baby girl was fresh out of the hospital and miserable the staff went above and beyond making sure she got what she wanted. I've included a photo of her happy pancake. I have read other reviews by people yes this is our local hang out we care about the family that owns this establishment and they care about thier community and the visitors that come through!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Good ole' American Diner. We loved the atmosphere with the red leather booths & '50's style décor. Excellent service great diner food!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is my favorite breakfast place in Ketchikan. I have eaten there every time I am in the area. The portions are generous and the food quality is consistent. They make an excellent omlette