“Clean and quiet”
Review of Cape Fox Lodge

Cape Fox Lodge
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Cape Fox is a nice hotel in downtown ketchikan. Pretty quiet during the off (tourist) season. Basic room, sporatic wifi, good food. Either view the snow covered mountain or the waterfront. The tram is usually operating but I have been there when it is not. Take 'married man's stairs' downthe hill to the river and into town.
The river is great when salmon are running.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce B

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Our stay in Ketchikan was for two nights. At first the reviews I read on trip advisor had me a little nervous. But after my arrival I realized that this is a wonderful place to stay. The beds are awesome the view is spectacular and the location is convenient using the tram right down to Creek Street. All of the staff is very friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend this lodge for your stay in Ketchikan.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Harvestdrmr
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I arrived at The Cape Fox Lodge shortly after my husband arrived on business. The location is beautiful! The tram from Creek Street is free if you are a guest at the hotel, which I liked very much. Riding the tram you will get some beautiful pictures. Also this hotel is close to everything that you could possibly want to do in Ketchikan. However the room was just average and it always felt slightly damp on the rug which I thought was odd. It felt like there was no circulation in the room and always smelled slightly musty. The service here, I felt was below average for the most part. Any time I went up to the front desk it always felt like i was bothering the workers. With the exception of one or two employees The Cape Fox really was disappointing in they customer service skills. The restaurant is very scenic but I would also say it was over priced and very average as well. The wait staff was polite but also not quick about getting food out. All in all a semi disappointing location for me. A little help in the customer service department would go a long way.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just stayed at Cape Fox in August 2013. Lovely place, everyone real friendly. I had a nice view of the port, some of the town of Ketchikan, and all the cruise ships. Ketchikan is a gem. The town reminded me of a old west town but with paved streets. A lot to see and do.

Room Tip: Pay up for the water view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Cape Fox Lodge after finishing a fishing trip with my family. When we arrived, we called the lodge so that they could send the courtesy van. We were told that it would take 5 minutes... 20 minutes later, the van arrived. We arrived earlier than the check in time, so we had to wait. However, we were told that they could store the bags for us. When we finally checked in, we were very pleased with the room. We were staying at one of the suites and had enough space for the 4 of us. The room was clean and I can gladly say that we had a good night sleep.
We were, however, very disappointed with the restaurant. We loved the view from it, but the service leaves a bad taste. It took a long time to receive the meal, and when we did, my husband's plate was forgotten. It finally arrived after we were all done with our dinner... The food was not impressive at all. I recommend that if you plan to stay here, you look for a different place to eat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Normally I don't write reviews unless I receive unbelievably exceptional service or I am exceptionally disappointed. Unfortunately this hotel falls in the latter category. Location and Dining were superb - I highly reccomend the Reindeer Mac & Cheese and the seafood chowder. Rooms are very dated and in need of a refurbish. Not nearly worth the $210.00 price tag. Unfortunately from what I hear this is the best place to stay in Ketchikan :-(

• Stayed: July 2013
JanetCFL, General Manager at Cape Fox Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments will help us improve. I'm glad you enjoyed the restaurant and our menu selection. We are making some upgrades to the guest rooms and are always striving to improve the guest experience. We hope you have a chance to visit us again the the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

August 15, 2013 We arrived ketchikan last week via cruise ship and wanted to experience Cape Fox Lodge restaurant. Beautiful setting, they were very accomodating with a table out of the sun. The meal was very good but we realized that our coleslaw wasen't brought out so I asked for it. I was told that it didn't come with coleslaw. The waiter did bring out one order and said that it was complimentary and not on the menu. We were not going to argue with him so we just let it go. Then I heard a woman in the kitchen yell out so that we could hear "All they want is free coleslaw." I was very upset to be accused of wanting free coleslaw. What was the price of my small dish worth, was it going to break them? IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PART OF THE MEAL. We decided to forget about it and then all of a sudden other people were asking for their coleslaw too. They were rude to us. My husband still gave a generous tip but we should have gone to the management, we just had to get back to the ship. I intend to let the management know what happened now that we are back home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mary c
JanetCFL, General Manager at Cape Fox Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for writing a review of our restaurant. I am sorry that your experience was not all it should have been. Coleslaw does come with many of the entrees on the menu so I'm not sure what you ordered. Regardless we strive to make our guests happy, and the server was correct in giving you the coleslaw without question. I am sorry that you overheard another server commenting in a negetive way. There is always a manager on duty. If you bring your complaint to their attention right away we can correct the problem for you. We hope you will stop by again the next time you are in Ketchikan.