“Very delightful stay”

Rodeway Inn Edgewater
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We had a water view room with a small balcony. It was fantastic. We enjoyed seeing the eagles, fishing boats, and the cruise ships passing by. While the room was small, it was very comfortable and pleasant. We will gladly go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 April 2009

I stayed in this hotel 4 times during the 2005-2007 period. Overall it’s a nice and quiet little hotel. During the tourists season the restaurant is open from 6am so you can have a normal breakfast. It’s a pity that off the season it opens later and you are on a mercy of muffins and coffee or orange juice that you can pick up in the reception. The location of the hotel is very good, just a short ride from the town. The restaurant has a great view on the marina and the bay. If you are lucky, as I was you can spot Orcas swimming around or a Bald Eagle resting in the marina. The food in the restaurant was good. Nothing fancy but can't complain about the quality or service and its good value for money. The hotel is bit pricy in terms of room rates. There are only few hotels in town and they all like that so it’s just the local monopoly and lack of competition that's pushing the prices up. Similar standard in lower 48 would cost you 20% less at least. But overall I would be coming back to this hotel if I am in Ketchikan again.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank PolakMaly
Reviewed 11 April 2009

The service in the resturaunt was horrible. The gal was very rude and ran off to deal with another table in the middle of taking our orders. She didnt know about prices and was very slow and sloppy with everything. She also liked to roll her eyes around when you would talk to her. It was a slow night out there when we went to dinner so she could have taken the extra time and care on customer service. I have been very dissapointed to watch the customer service out there decline so much over the past few years. I dont think we will be eating there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2008

We stayed at The Narrows on our last day in Ketchikan. The staff was very friendly and the property was very pretty. Our room had a great view of the water so we spent plenty of time watching the boats and the jets at the airport accross the water. We didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant but heard that it is very good. Our only complaint is that the room was very small as were the pillows.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank RobertL
Reviewed 2 July 2008

Stay here if you want to get away from the Cruise ship crowds. A group of Grady-White boats traveled to Ketchikan from Seattle. Several of us stayed at The Narrows and we had a wonderful experience. We moored our boats in front of the hotel and the owner of the Hotel arranged for a personal dinner for 12 people. It was great! We had our own custom made Grady-White dinner menu, met the chef, and the food was exceptionally good. The hotel manager, Donna, tried in every way to make our visit enjoyable. We stayed 2 nights in the Suite and 1 night in a standard room. If possible, stay in one of the Suites. The standards rooms are your average hotel rooms; clean, quiet, and basic. Another unexpected perc is the complementary shuttle van that will happily take you anywhere you want to go in Ketchikan.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 April 2008

I have just returned from a buisnes trip in ketchikan alaska.
I stayed at the narrows inn, restaurant and marina.
our trip started the same as many a few days away from home in a small alaska town. two days into our three day trip we found out we would be waiting on parts and our stay would be extended ten days.
of course I got vissions of all kinds of problems :hotel,rental car,flights but after a short talk to the front desk all was good.
the people at the narrows inn are proffessional beyond belief.
we had only to ask and our smallest wish was granted.
they are verry knowlageable about the area (wich is good when you have nothing to do for six days) and they always had time to stop and have a conversation. did I mention the rooms
I was happy to have a clean room when I got off the airplane
but every nite I came back from work the room was exactly like the
first nite clean nice neet it was like geting a new room every day,
the restaurant ,I love to eat and I love realy good food but this went far past that. we were greeted each and every time with a warm smile and kind words. and when they asked how things are going they expected to hear about my day I always got the fealing that they realy liked hearing about it. the food is incredible
and if I wanted something not on the menue I only had to ask.
my favorite part was desert and the view.
I was delited to meet the owners who sat and talked with us one evening after talking with them I can see whear the rest of the staff gets thier attitude they are some of the best people I have ever done buisness with.
I would recomend to any one looking for an extraodinary place to stay in ketchikan stay at the narrows inn,restaurant & marina

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 26 April 2008

Loved the stay. Excellent food at the restaurant, fast and friendly service. Convient wireless network. Great continental breakfast. Wonderful flexability for unexpected extended stay. Room was clean, great and comfortable with choices on the TV to watch. Great maid service and staff.

Stayed: April 2008