“Bad Food And Service”

Rodeway Inn Edgewater
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Reviewed 22 July 2010

If you like eating dinner with an intoxicated drunk owner than this is the place for you. The service started out okay, but the waiter kept wanting to chit chat with every single customer. By the time I received my food it was a bit dried out probably from sitting under the heat lamps. While we were waiting for our food a gentleman came into the room seeming concerned whether or not we have been served. Not yet knowing nor politely asking the staff if we have been helped he came to our table and smelt like booze, even-though his speech was not impaired his verbal actions displayed it all. I use to be a waitress, so I understand that some customers like to talk with the staff. But if you are wanting to just eat your meal with the company you showed up with, than the staff should let that be, and stop talking!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a trip to Canada and Alaska. Whilst I can't really disagree with the othe reviews, I was not as impressed as I expected to be. We paid extra for a seaview room, which we got partially but most of our view was of the restaurant and car park. I wasn't expecting the rooms to be of a motel style, which was not a problem but still a bit of a shock on arriving. The room itself was fine, bit small but clean and comfortable. The restaurant had really great views of eagles, floatplanes and boats and was fine for breakfast and lunch, good food and reasonable prices but we found it rather expensive for what we got at dinner. Unfortunately it was really the only decent place to eat as Ketchikan appears to shut down when a cruise ship isn't in and we strugged to find anywhere to else to eat at night. The location is well out of town, a free shuttle is available at most times (bit of a wait usually involved) and when we needed to get to the ferry before the shuttle started, the hotel paid for our taxi which was a nice touch. I did know about the location when I booked the hotel but thought the inconvience of being out of town would be worth it to stay in what appeared to be the best hotel in town. Unfortunately, I don't think it was. On reflection, if we return, I would stay at the Cape Fox as it looked to be just as nice but in a better location.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We took the advice of TripAdvisor and stayed here overnight while on a ferry trip from Bellingham, WA to Whittier, AK. Their shuttle picked us up at the ferry terminal and was always available to take us anywhere we wanted to go at no charge. The room was small but well appointed and clean and we had a beautiful view. Would have liked double beds but the double plus twin worked out fine. The restaurant had an outstanding view of the narrows and we watched float planes and barges as well as big cruise ships go by while we ate. The service was a bit slow but always friendly and the food was great. We had two breakfasts which were standard fare; didn't try any thing out of the ordinary. For dinner we tried several appetizers which were good, however, the oysters on the half shell were outstanding! Would definitely stay here again. Best value in town for the money.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I'm a food guy. This very nice restaurant on the water has the best halibut and salmon ever.
How? It is all locally caught, fresh and brought to your table!
Another hint, you are dinning with locals at the next table.
Watch the resident eagles on the dock.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I traveled to Ketchikan on business and arrived on December 22nd for what was supposed to be a short trip. I wound up staying in Ketchikan at the Narrows Inn for a total of 5 weeks. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, its staff, its restaurant and bar. The employees were the best, the food was so good I ate at the restaurant almost every single meal of my stay. The food was 5 star quality every night. The atmosphere was great the scenery was beautiful and my stay could not have been made any more comfortable by everyone who worked there. I spent Christmas, New Years and my Birthday at the Narrows and will treasure my time spent there.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My wife and I stayed in suite A at the Narrows when we arrived in town for a new job. After we checked in to the gorgeous suite, we walked into the lounge and immediately received a warm welcome from Don and Pam, the owners. The staff were friendly and cheerful in that unique Ketchikan way and we felt we were among friends, if not family. It was a welcome and pleasant surprise, and a perfect end to a long day. The chef and kitchen staff whip up some outstanding food, and the lounge is a great place to unwind after a hard day at work or a day on the boat.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I love this hotel. My husband and I frequently have to spend the night in Ketchikan on our way to or from Prince of Wales Island. We always stay here. It is close to the airport, has great shuttle service, a beautiful view of the ocean, and a great restaurant. It is a beautiful, peaceful place .

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple