“One of the two better restaurants in Kodiak.”

Henry's Great Alaskan Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Kodiak Island, Alaska
“One of the two better restaurants in Kodiak.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We are limited in the restaurants in town, but this is one of the better ones. It is expensive for what you get. Prime Rib on Friday's is good if you get there before it runs out.

• Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
“Henry's Burgers are the best!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

One of my favorite places to get a Burger and Brew. The Swiss Mushroom (add a little crisp bacon) and you have a little slice of heaven. I have never been disappointed with this selection. I go with the salad instead of fries. Blue Cheese Burger is great too.

• Visited February 2014
“Inconsistent, been a bit disappointed”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I reviewed once before based on the first couple of visits, but unfortunately I haven't had consistently good food there lately. For starters, adding a full extra $4 just for subbing regular fries for sweet potato fries (which are store bought, frozen) is extortion. The last couple of times I've had their coleslaw it has literally been slimy. The last chicken breast in the sandwich I had was half the size of the first one I had. The battered fish in the fish and chips was the greasiest mess ever with the fries taking on the extra grease since the fish was set on top of them. It's just "ok" lately.

• Visited January 2014
Anchorage, AK
“Best Calamari”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Every time I go to Kodiak I have to stop at Henry's for their Calamari. Delicious! Perfectly cooked. Mom was a little disappointed there is no crab on the menu.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Shawnswife3
Kodiak, Alaska
“Too pricy for low quality food”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I live in kodiak 25 years there isn't a single place too get a good consistent meal around here everywhere is hit or miss it sucks! But for $12.00 for 4 frozen chicken strip and not beer with them is a rip off and bacon cheese burgars are $13.50 last one I ate greasy patty didn't even fit the bun bacon chewy as heck shoot i have a big appetite And I didn't wanna finish that burger even tho it was $13.50 I've had everything on the menu born and raised here my family has shared a few meals there but I think I'm gonna stick with seafood at the powerhouse and burgers and chicken strip at the comfort inn

• Visited October 2013