“Pricey but good”

Henry's Great Alaskan Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was expensive, but I guess that's Alaska. Quick service, good food. Dark inside - guess that's the bar feel, even though it was noon and we weren't looking for a bar feel. Good sized portions.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The staff came to our table within a minute of our choosing our table on both visits. They stopped by repeatedly to refill drinks and check on us without being intrusive. The menu has a variety of price points and Seniors can order off of the same menu as children without a huge sacrifice in the quantity of food. Basically the bun and burger were a bit smaller (but did I really want a 1/3 pound burger) and there were fewer fries (no biggy for me). The fish and chips were generous for a smaller appetite also - the full size was almost too much for my partner. All of the food was well prepared and served at the right temp. We liked it enough to eat there twice on this trip.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Only came in once to eat and we both had burgers. Hubby had the bacon cheeseburger and I had the buffalo burger. Both were very good if a little expensive but I chalked that up to being in Alaska.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a long time Kodiak resident who said it was the best restaurant in town. This is the largest restaurant I went to in Kodiak. It was nicer inside that the other Kodiak restaurants, but somehow just missed the mark of being comfortable, possibly because of the size of it. The food is good, but came up short of Humpy's at the Anchorage Airport, and they give you too much to eat. I did go back to this restaurant a second time.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Nice typical rustic restaurant/lounge. Tied in with local brewery for a good selection of their microbrews. Actually need to go there several times to try each of the food fare items. Burgers looked good but had the fish and chips which was a good portion. Near knick-knack shopping.