“Second time better than the first”

Kodiak Adventures Lodge Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Kodiak Adventures lodge is a remote fishing and hunting destination.We offer 3-6 day trips to remote Kodiak Island, AlaskaWildlife veiwing includes,Brown bears and whales along with lots of birding to be done. Our hunting oportunities are Blacktail deer,goats and sea ducks.
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Larry Carroll and his family (wife Shelley and sons James and Samuel) provide a one-of-a-kind life experience in Kiliuda Bay in Kodiak, Alaska. You arrive to the lodge by float plane from Kodiak City which is a tremendous experience in itself. Larry allows you to put together your own program of activities which for us included full days of bay, stream and ocean fishing as well as hiking activities. You can also fish right in front of the lodge anytime and you will catch something. We fished for halibut (I landed a 87 pounder), salmon (lots of Pink when we went in the 3rd week of August and some King) and rockfish. Larry knows a great spot for the rockfish where you will be catching them on the way down. The pinks were going crazy. there were times where you could see 20 leaping out of the bay at once. You will see lots of wildlife including the magnificent and enormous Kodiak bears. Listen to Larry when they appear! You will also see whales, seals, deer, mountain goats, fox and more.

The Carrolls are outstanding hosts. Larry is an experienced outdoorsman who knows where to find 'em and how to handle all levels of fishing proficiency. My son was just learning and Larry and he developed a nice bond over the week we were there. Shelley does a fantastic job of varying the menu for breakfast, packed lunches and dinner. Always something new and delicious. We went for a week last year and I don't think she repeated a single menu item. The Carroll sons are young but also experienced guides. They are also intelligent, polite, interesting young men.

The lodge is comfortable and equipped with internet (no phone and no cell phone reception). You are 26 miles from the next nearest human being. The rooms are clean and functional and better than most wilderness lodges offer.

We went as a party of six my father, my son and me and my business partner and his dad and son. The multigenerational crowd was kept occupied and happy. That is saying a lot right there!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

After a fantastic experience in 2011, my business partner and I returned this summer and brought both our fathers and teenage sons for a week of fishing. The weather wasn't great, but the fishing and the hospitality were outstanding. Larry, Shelly and the boys were wonderful hosts. It is so different fishing and staying with the owners of the lodge. Tremendous flexibility and lots of fun. Can't wait to return next year.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

My father, brother, and I visited mid-June 2012. The trip starts with a nice Beaver float plane ride to the lodge. The scenery and isolation are worth the trip alone. The hike/climb to the summit behind the lodge is an interesting way to stretch one's legs (caution-it's steeper, longer, and bushier than it looks!).The lodge, rooms, and boat are clean and comfortable. Larry, Shelly, and Sam were great hosts. The fishing is within minutes of the lodge. The water is like being on a lake, it's that calm. We caught Kings, Halibut, and Cod. I just feel really bad for catching the BIGGEST King (45#), sorry dad and bro. The fish were packaged and boxed with care for the flight home. Shelly does a great job with the meals, especially the appetizers. Bottom line, the Carroll family works really hard at pleasing their guests.

Sincere Thanks and No Exceptions,
LC

3  Thank Ladd C
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I experienced the magic of Kiluida Bay with Larry and Shelly Carroll and family.
Fishing was spectacular, Larry was very patient with two novice fishermen, the Halibut and Bass
were so much fun to catch. Alfer a long day of fishing, the meals Shelly prepared were beyond
fantastic, and the lodge and rooms were very comfortable. The beauty of Kiluida Bay, along with all the wild life, will be something we will always remember. If you want to bring home lots of
fish, be pampered by the Carroll family, and experience a true Alaska adventure, this is the place to be.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Being that this was my first time ever on Kodiak island , I could not have a better facility to go with. Larry and Shelly have a first class lodge set in some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. The fishing was a real treat with salmon, halibut, black rockfish, and cod caught. The wildlife was there to be seen and photographed and the bay was flat and calm. Shelly fixed wonderful meals and it was really special to have a cold beverage and a snack waiting after a hard day of fishing. The cabin were comfortable and had a home like feeling to them. Larry, shelly and their 2 sons made me feel welcomed and spoiled .I would highly recommend Kodiak Adventures lodge to anyone thinking about taking a fishing trip to Kodiak Island.

Keith Ritterbush