“Best Kept Secret!!!!”

Kodiak Adventures Lodge Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Kodiak Adventures lodge is a remote fishing and hunting destination.We offer 3-6 day trips to remote Kodiak Island, AlaskaWildlife veiwing includes,Brown bears and whales along with lots of birding to be done. Our hunting oportunities are Blacktail deer,goats and sea ducks.
Palmer, Alaska
“Best Kept Secret!!!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I recently went on my 3rd annual trip at Alaska Adventure Lodge, Larry and his family treated our group very graciously. Each vacation gets better than the last! What great fun we all had! Shelly prepared wonderful meals with each of us in mind. She exceeds all our expectations everytime! Gained 5 lbs in three days and it was worth it!!! Larry always goes above and beyond to fulfill our fishiing requests from Salmon & Halibut to Ling Cod & Rock fish. Larry's impressive knowledge of the land, waters and wildlife in this area is outstanding! As a 30+ yr Alaska resident who is an avid hunter and fisheman, Kodiak Adventures Lodge location makes it one of the most remote pristine wilderness areas Alaska can offer with mountains shooting straight out of the water,abundant fish, birds and wildlife and the Beaver ride isn't shabby either! It's always a pleasure to see competant, hardworking young men such as James and Sam. Larry, Thanks for ANOTHER trophy Alakan Adventure! A picture is worth a thousand words!

Visited July 2013

Philomath, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing trip..”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have been home now for a month and still can not stop talking about this the unbelievable time we had at Kodiak Adventures Lodge. It was breath taking to come over the bay and see the Lodge and Larry and Shelly and their boys made us fell so special ..the food was just "4 star"...SO good and the fishing was awesome..I can not say enough about the lodge and the service you receive at a wilderness lodge..we have booked for next year..GREAT PLACE!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sandra D
Wasilla, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Trip! Thank you Kodiak Adventures Lodge!”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have to start off by saying THANK YOU Larry and Shelly! I am an avid hunter and fisher and I have never been spoiled so much in my life! I had the pleasure to be at Kodiak Adventures Lodge from April 25th through May 4th 2013 and what a wonderful experience. My hunting/fishing buddy and I felt like KINGS in Kiliuda Bay! Larry and Shelly are amazing cooks. In fact I felt guilty my wife was not sitting next to me at every meal. I took pictures of all the food we ate as Shelly prepared fresh fish, sushi, steak, and amazing desserts. The meals were amazing, the over the top king treatment was awesome. Not to mention the sauna Larry completed this spring! Nothing like a great day of fishing in the bay....LANDING A 48 lb KING on May 1st, then relaxing in a Sauna....in Kiliuda Bay! I can't say it enough, we were treated like royality. The lodging was excellent, the food was amazing, the service was over the top. Unfortunately this "man-vacation" had to come to an end. As soon as we returned to reality....plans are already in the works to return for a Fall Duck Hunt/Fishing Trip and vacation with my wife. I can't thank you guys enough. You are a wonderful family and gracious hosts.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Josh A
larry C, Owner at Kodiak Adventures Lodge Fishing Charters, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Thank you for the great review. We work hard at making our guests trip as enjoyable as possible.
We feel each guest should be treated like a "king " or queen as you mentioned.
We feel honored that our guests enjoyed their trip so much that they become repeat guests.
De
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Our Blacktail deer hunt.”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Hunted deer with KAL last Nov. Did not see any deer during the week. Despite Larry, AKA, "Scout 1" reminding us that 90% of the deer go unseen and that it's not his job how to teach you how to hunt. Opportunity provided, sure. Seeing clients walk their legs off and seeing few If any deer really upset me. They told me it was their one chance to hunt Blacktail deer and how they looked forward to it.
We asked to go duck hunting, and to bring enough ammo since we were new at wing shooting. He didn't, so we sat and watched birds fly by. Of course we heard about the birds we couldn't hit. I recall a dog retrieve on a bird I knocked down. His dog dropped it on shore so I got up to pick it up. Seeing this, Larry started yelling as I bent over to pick up my bird. I asked if he was yelling at me or his dog and he said me.
As you can imagine, this didn't go over well. We heard him tell his wife to tie off the skiff and when she didn't he went into a rant on "how simple" this was. This put us right into the middle of their argument. I looked at his wife and just put my hands up. Some vacation.
Asked if we could use his kayak to retrieve ducks. No. "I wont do that." Asked if we could return to an area of the bay where we took ducks. No. If it's convenient for him and it saves the transporter gas. Yes.
Had to ask permission daily to use the WI fi which seemed to be down anyway. The packed lunches, bread heels four of six days. Had to ask for a pop after three days while other guests were asked if they wanted wine.
The thing that was cool was the country. The barking of orders at the kids and command of attention got old quick. So, if you spend your legs after about three days, get your wallet out and expect to spend more on fishing, or hunting all with Larry.
Larry was gone the morning which moved into the afternoon of our departure day. When the plane arrived he rode his skiff back to make an appearance. Not even a thank you from him.

Visited November 2012
7 Thank J Z
larry C, Owner at Kodiak Adventures Lodge Fishing Charters, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
This review is being disputed and his 2 others were removed.
For a truer picture of how we run our business and treat clients read all the other reviews.
Thanks
Thusis, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Dreams come true!"”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We spent 5 days at the lodge with Larry and Shelly and their boys and had an exciting experience.Fishing for halibut and other fish species was great. Larry did everything we wished and brought us to the places where we could see humpback whales and orcas, seabirds, seals and brown bears. The Carroll family are the perfect host, lodging was comfortable and the food excellent! I have been to many lodges in Alaska and Canada, this was just the best!
Hope to be back, thanks a lot!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Reto G
We enjoy sharing Kodiak and the beauty of Kiliuda Bay with our guests. It truly is a spectacular place. The Orcas really put on a show during your stay. We look forward to your next visit with Kodiak Adventures Lodge.