“Very good stay”

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn Kodiak
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kodiak Island
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights for work on Kodiak and though it seems to be an older hotel, I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay. Keeping in mind that it's Alaska AND it's an island, I found the rates to be what I'd expect, especially for summer. The room was clean and comfortable, had a mini fridge, nice sized bathroom, and a fan (which was helpful since the room got very warm by evening when I got back). The staff was friendly and helpful - I was able to get change for laundry and they threw in laundry soap for free. It's right across from the airport but I really didn't notice any noise from planes; it is about a 10-15 minute drive to town but it wasn't a big deal (there isn't enough traffic to even make this an issue). Also, the bed was very comfortable and the decor in the room was nice.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jenny H

Reviewed 17 May 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Kodiak for two days after leaving "Bear Camp" early due to illness. Although I felt horrible, the entire staff helped me feel better by taking care of my needs. Not only did they go to the store for me, they went out of thier way to make me a very nice lunch. I would highly recommend the Comfort Inn Kodiak. Please tell Kelly I said, "Hi". Rob Miller, Sherwood, Ohio.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank kodiakbearcamp
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Have stayed here several times. Always a pleasant experience. Great complementry breakfast. Handy location (walking distance) from the Kodiak airport. Very helpful staff. Had issue with TSA when flying out (missed an expensive custom made hunting knife in pack) and the staff kindly took my knife and shipped it back to me in Colorado. Grateful for their help! Plus, the Buskin River - teeming with salmon - runs right behind the hotel. Had a brown bear peer over the deck while having breakfast. Very exhilerating! Not for the faint of heart - but hey - this is why we come to Alaska, right!
Oh yes, and their halibut fish & chips are to die for!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank bwanajames90
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn twice. Once in September of 2010 and once in September of 2007. In both cases the purpose of the trip was to fish for Silver Salmon from the Kodiak road system. One of the great advantages to the Comfort Inn is that it is adjacent to the Buskin River, one of the best rivers for silvers and Dolly Varden Trout. It is very nice to be able to put on your waders and walk to the water!

The staff is friendly and accomadating. Somehow we got booked into a smoking room from the Comfort Inn Website. The hotel was completely full. However, knowing that one of the incoming guests, booked to a non-smoking room, was really a smoker they were able to put us in a non smoking room after one night.

The "continental" breakfast is pretty good. The is a good choice of hot and cold foods. Enough to fill us up for a day of fishing.

The best deal in the restaurant in the evening is a large pizza. Enough for 4. If split between two, it is enough for lunch on the river the next day.

A note to everyone. Kodiak is an island. In Alaska. Things in Alaska are more exspensive than in the lower 48. Kodiak is a one hour flight or a 30 hour ferry ride from mainland Alaska. Things are more exspensive in Kodiak.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank mtipton
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed one night, August 19th and had planned to stay two. It is located next to airport and you need a car to get to see/experience anything. This Hotel should not charge $180....that is crazy....BUT had to, since I have never been to Kodiak and need to start somewhere. Bad Mistake. Best Western was sold out...that is downtown and you could walk to ALL from there.

Airport shuttle is old blue van...but you can also walk to hotel....is two blocks away.

Staff was nice.

Free Breakfast was OK. Had to make own waffles (no directions on how), ran out of cream cheese for bagels and egg dish consisted of everything (sausage/hash/?/and ?). THIS, for a room rate of $180 ???

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrP58
Reviewed 27 August 2009

When we arrived in Kodiak we stayed in town at the Best Western. Wish now that we had stayed at the Comfort Inn and either paid the cabfare, or rented a car to explore the town.

The hotel is clean, well cared for, and comfortable. Didn't notice any noise from the airport, which is in walking distance. The staff is GREAT! They don't have a guest computer for internet use, but the lady at the front desk was more than accommodating when I asked about a computer to confirm my plane reservations. She did it for me!

The continental breakfast in their restuarant was excellent. The restuarant serves good meals in the evenings--if quite pricey, as are all things on Kodiak Island. I guess when all supplies come in by plane or by boat, you have to expect prices to be higher.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EagleGal
Reviewed 13 August 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights while we went bear viewing (which was wonderful, see my review of Kingfisher Aviation). Kodiak doesn't have a lot of hotel choices, but next time I'll stay in town (five miles away). The Comfort Inn is across the street (100 yards) from the airport terminal. The room was comfortable, but more motel than hotel. The noise of airplanes is obvious (but luckily there aren't many flights in and out of Kodiak). The room did have a refrigerator and a microwave, but no safe. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The most significant negative is the Inn's location. Although only five miles from the town center, a taxi costs an incredible $25.00 each way. Everything costs a lot on Kodiak Island, but $50.00 to go 10 miles roundtrip is extortion.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Nosnom