“Wonderful Stay”

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn Kodiak
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kodiak Island
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Recently had a business trip to Kodiak. Naturally, it was during a terrible snow storm. The hotel was excellent. They are upgrading all the rooms and mine was beautiful. The hotel is clean, no smells, very service minded staff and affordable. This hotel is right by the airport. It is about a 10 minute drive to the center of town, but beautifu sites along the way. The parking is excellent, not like the other hotel in town, where you park on the street. The second night I was there the owner of the resturant closed due to weather. The hotel staff went back into the kitchen and found me something good to eat. The next night it was again closed due to a terrible snow storm and they made arrangments to make a pizza for me in the bar. I will always staff at this hotel when in Kodiakl!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CWttown

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Decent, updated hotel rooms but they need to get new TVs, great breakfast in the mornings, much better than the Best Western in downtown Kodiak, great location right near the airport, good restaurant and bar located inside the hotel, the internet was actually really quick for Alaska, the rooms do have a mini-fridge and microwave, which is a really nice touch, overall a good choice for a hotel in Alaska

Room Tip: get a room on the backside of the hotel, so you don't hear all the cars parking in the parking l...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I am a repeat customer to the Comfort (Buskin) Inn. The Management & Staff are fantastic folk, down to earth, and wanting to make you feel at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, which I have done on several occasions with co-workers. The rooms are large with both a refrigerator and microwave, and of course a TV.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, depending on the time of year (cool/Cold), it may be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel in June 2011. We only stayed at this hotel because they accepted pets, however, they DO NOT ACCEPT CATS! I found it quite absurd that they accepted barking dogs but no cats. The walls were paper thin and when the people staying in the next room opened and closed their door, the walls would literally shake. There was a family with children staying above my first floor room and their child stomped across the floor non-stop the entire time. It was an awful experience. I would not suggest anyone ever staying at this hotel. The complimentary breakfast was ok, except for the expired refriderated products (yogurt, milk, etc). Overall this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at but I'm not sure that any of the other hotels on the islad are any better.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cam f
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights for work on Kodiak and though it seems to be an older hotel, I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay. Keeping in mind that it's Alaska AND it's an island, I found the rates to be what I'd expect, especially for summer. The room was clean and comfortable, had a mini fridge, nice sized bathroom, and a fan (which was helpful since the room got very warm by evening when I got back). The staff was friendly and helpful - I was able to get change for laundry and they threw in laundry soap for free. It's right across from the airport but I really didn't notice any noise from planes; it is about a 10-15 minute drive to town but it wasn't a big deal (there isn't enough traffic to even make this an issue). Also, the bed was very comfortable and the decor in the room was nice.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jenny H
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Kodiak for two days after leaving "Bear Camp" early due to illness. Although I felt horrible, the entire staff helped me feel better by taking care of my needs. Not only did they go to the store for me, they went out of thier way to make me a very nice lunch. I would highly recommend the Comfort Inn Kodiak. Please tell Kelly I said, "Hi". Rob Miller, Sherwood, Ohio.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank kodiakbearcamp
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Have stayed here several times. Always a pleasant experience. Great complementry breakfast. Handy location (walking distance) from the Kodiak airport. Very helpful staff. Had issue with TSA when flying out (missed an expensive custom made hunting knife in pack) and the staff kindly took my knife and shipped it back to me in Colorado. Grateful for their help! Plus, the Buskin River - teeming with salmon - runs right behind the hotel. Had a brown bear peer over the deck while having breakfast. Very exhilerating! Not for the faint of heart - but hey - this is why we come to Alaska, right!
Oh yes, and their halibut fish & chips are to die for!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends