“just loved everything about it”

Kodiak Bed and Breakfast Kodiak Island
Kodiak Bed and Breakfast Kodiak Island
Ranked #11 of 18 Kodiak Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I have already been there twice, always on my own.
Mary and her dog gave me the warmest welcome I could think of. The room I got was fabulous and I had an excellent sleep in the comfortable bed under the window from which I had a great view to the harbor.
Mary offered me smoked salmon which she caught by herself and gave me self-made salmonberry jam as a present the day I had to leave.
She also took me with her in her car when she went off for a walk with Austin and showed me different locations close to Kodiak.
Kodiak itself is beautiful. The fresh air, the harbor, where you can take a relaxing walk and from which you can often see sea lions and bald eagles.
Highly recommended by me is bear watching, including a spectecular view from the float plane during the flight to get there (approximately 45 minutes).
Enjoy dinner at Henry`s downtown or a coffee at the seaside cafe!
Hope to get to Kodiak again sometime soon, of course with a room at the Kodiak Bed and Breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank sid7025
Reviewed 10 December 2008

When I arrived on the ferry, I found myself at the downtown terminal which was also the Visitor Center. I learned from their staff I was 4 long blocks to Mary's bed and breakfast. She was there to greet me along with her dog, Austin - the ambassador!

I was given the Harborview Room, a double bed with desk, nightstand and closet. Very comfortable. The other bedroom was one with two twin beds and it had guests in from Switzerland. We shared the living room, kitchenette and bathroom - all very clean and not crowded. Every morning we were invited upstairs for a full breakfast.

Mary Monroe is so gracious. Her knowledge about Kodiak was helpful and I joined in playing bridge at her weekly gathering. There is so much to do in Kodiak what with the museums, hiking trails, kayaking, bear viewing (flight plane) and sport fishing. I came as a guest and left as family.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kodiak_alaska