Eider House Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
TripAdvisor
Comfort Inn Kodiak(Kodiak Island)
Shelikof Lodge(Kodiak Island)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great place to stay, a home away from home. Each bedroom has a theme with beautiful furniture, many antiques, and large bathrooms. The common room exits into the back yard where you take a few steps to the beautiful creek and breathtaking views. Robin is a GREAT cook (her husband to, lol) and a VERY considerate hostess. Loved the campfire and throwing sticks into the creek for the dog to retrieve. Thank you Robin for the awesome Kodiak memory!

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center, but I could not un-select those options.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Crystal D
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My mother and I visited Kodiak in early August and stayed at the Eider House for three nights. The B&B is very clean and extremely comfortable. Robin (the owner) is gracious and goes the extra mile to help her guests enjoy their visit. We were interested in wildlife viewing so she checked with other residents of the island to find the latest reports of wildlife sightings. We were fortunate to see bears, eagles, bison, deer and waterfowl. We had two rooms and both were very nice with great beds.

The breakfasts were hearty and tasty and Robin served them at our convenience. I recommend the Eider House B&B for all who visit Kodiak. We hope to visit Kodiak again and will certainly stay at the Eider House.

Room Tip: The duck room and the one beside it were great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Just got back from my second stay at Eider House in Kodiak. The B&B is located about 10 minutes outside town and 5 minutes from the airport, it's a very pleasant drive along the bay. The B&B itself is right next to a creek that you can hear from every room, but it's not loud enough to keep you up. Tastefully decorated rooms with themes, I've stayed in the Duck Room and Bear Room. Both had extremely comfy beds.

Robin runs the place -- the family lives upstairs and the rooms are on the first floor. The whole family is busy to the point of admiration. I appreciate that Robin has a lot going on besides running the B&B, and still has time to cook great breakfasts and keep everything really clean. The family will make you feel right at home, I've only met Robin twice but I feel like I've known her for years. Plus the dogs and other animals are awesome. I was in Kodiak for work for a week and coming home to Eider House every night was so much more welcoming than a room at a hotel would have been.

If you're looking for a sterile environment where you don't get to know the manager or other guests, stay at one of the hotels. On the other hand if you're looking for a very clean, welcoming B&B with a real Alaskan feel (not the manufactured "Alaskan feel" like a lot of places in this state), stay at Eider House!

Room Tip: The Bear Room has a good view of the river but also lets in some late night sunlight due to the angle. I stayed in the Duck Room this time and could still hear the river but it was darker at night.
Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed at the Eider House working on a project in town for 45 days. the rooms were clean and roomy, the beds were fantastic(we stayed at a few motels which were very uncomfortable) the home cooked meals were a speacial treat, and the view around the property was to die for. Nothing like relaxing around the fire pit watching the river flow by while you are barbaquing dinner. We were just minutes away from fishing and bear viewing. It was also nice to visit with other guest from other parts of the lower 48 and some from other parts of the world. I would highly recommend the Eider House if your looking for a quiet place to get away from the normal tourist locals.
Robin, thank you for sharing your lovely home and taking such good care of us. Hope to be back for another visit. Rick and crew (have a peppermint paddy for me)

Room Tip: The duck room has carpet and is very roomy. The moose room is alittle smaller but was my favorite bed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick H
Reviewed 18 September 2012

An absolut fantastic place to be. Most friendliest people we have ever met. Excellent accommodation, great homemade breakfast. Thank you Robin for treating us as part of your family. It was like being home away from home. The scenary out back is breathtaking. Wished we could have stayed longer. We will be back on day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple