“Good food in an unexpected location”

Trail Lake Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Moose Pass
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Who would think you would stop for lunch in Moose Pass, but if you do the Trail Lake Lodge Restaurant has good food. I stuck with my standard fish and chips while my husband ordered the hamburger that was topped with reindeer sausage and an egg. He said it was good but too much to eat. My fish and chips were very good! The service was friendly and welcoming. Overall it was a good place to stop for good food and service.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I'm surprised by all of the good reviews. The food and service at this restaurant were both poor. Our server, Lindsey, was not attentative and completely missed a section of our order. We waited almost an hour for our food during, what looked to be, an uneventful evening with many open tables. After waiting for so long, we did not want to wait for our order to be corrected and did not mention it to the waitress. We couldn't wait to get out of there. The hamburger was under cooked on a well-done order request and the portion of my order that I did receive, the seafood chowder, was sub-par.

When in Moose Pass in the future, we will drive to Seward to avoid this restaurant.

1  Thank KeeKeex2
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We were driving from Anchorage to Seward and came upon the Trail Lake Lodge. If you could imagine what a restaurant in a Lodge in Alaska looked like, this would be it. Rustic, charming, clean---- clearly the proper ambience.
There were seven of us---we had hamburgers, and chili---onion rings---sweet potato fries---and home made apple pie with vanilla ice cream---and it was all terrific. From the owner, to the waitress (there was only one)--it was warm and friendly. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.

Fred R

Reviewed 8 December 2012

A great place for lunch on the way to/from Seward. Enjoyed the seafood chowder and homemade blueberry pie. A simple place with good food and friendly service.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

It was in a perfect location for us where we were staying, and on our way to drop off my husbands brother we just happend to stop for a drink. While there the food smelt good so we decided to indulge in some wings...mmmm they were good. Service was great to, never letting our drinks get empty. (one of my pet peeves)