“Loved it!”

Summit Lake Lodge
Elizabeth, Colorado
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

What a wonderful experience. Everyone was delightful, helpful and friendly. My husband and I have been traveling quite a bit the past few months and this was the 1st place where we actually enjoyed where we stayed. There is nothing around for miles, but that was ok with us because everywhere we drove was beautiful scenery. We chose this place because my husbands brother works in Moose Pass. We looked around in Seward and other lodging but this one just stood out to us. We stayed in a room not a full cabin but it was the perfect size for the 2 of us. We also enjoyed the free breakfast, it was delicious not your normal bagel and cereal that you get at a hotel but eggs, bacon, toast, potatoes, pancakes and omelets. I highly suggest this place. They also have a pizza and ice cream place also on the property, unfortunately we didnt get to sample that, but if we were in town we would have. Thank you Summit Lake Lodge for making our AK trip a wonderful experience.

2 Thank Jessica Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Hebrew first
Bartlesville
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My co-worker and I came to Alaska a day early to go fishing and as we were arriving in Anchorage pretty late we opted for this lodge on the way to our destination in Sterling. We arrived about 10:00 PM and the check-in process was pretty slow as there is no "real" check-in counter...had to go to the bar to check-in. It took close to 20 minutes to check-in and it was 1:00 AM my time so I was a bit miffed. They were nice enough to provide us with three muffins and two apples for our breakfast as we were leaving at 4:30 AM to go fishing. The room was furnished well but then again for about $180.00 I would expect a nice room. We had to trouble sleeping and I was quite comfortable. In the morning I didn't have any way to check-out so I hope they found the room key in the mailbox!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
San Diego
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed recently in cabin 8 (top-notch furnishings, comfortable king bed), excellent breakfast and dinner meals. We had a early afternoon flight from Anchorage airport the next day, which made the lodge a perfect stay. We walked the dirt road behind the lodge to the forest service campground which offered nice views of the beautiful lake and its duck and fish inhabitants. Manager's service excellent, others average. Great lake view from restaurant and dock but none from cabins. Would definitely stay again.

1 Thank LRTG
Tenn
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had a great experience at Summit Lake Lodge. We stayed in one of the cabins and had plenty of space, very comfortable bed, and large private bath area with quality toilet paper, real "Kleenex" and liquid hand soap. There was complimentary bath soap bars but no shampoo. The included breakfast was very good and makes staying here a real deal in my opinion. Just be aware that breakfast is only served between 8-9.
Great place to stay. It is probably fifteen miles from Moose Pass, so be careful not to miss it!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

So I never ever write reviews on places I stay, but Summit Lake Lodge was so wonderful I had to post a review so others wouldn't miss this hidden gem.

The location is beautiful, the staff is so helpful and welcoming and the rooms are amazing! It felt cozy and secluded but had a modern feel to it as well.

I had my 3 year old son on the trip and he loved this place more than anywhere else in Alaska. He still asks if we can go back. Great deal for a truly amazing place.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Amita78
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed here our last night in Alaska while working our way back to the ANC airport. It is very conviently located, which in turn creates a little more road noise when you are outside. However, the lake is gorgeous and inside the cabins, you don't hear a thing except your husband snoring in the awesomely comfortable bed. The newly renovated cabins were completely upscale. The made to order breakfast was great. So if you have a later flight, you get a lot more for your money here than you do in down town Anchorage.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed in the summit suite which was just beautiful. VERY comfy bed and stunning restroom and shower room, massive TV. I had asked for some excursions to be organised and when we arrived we were talked through our itinerary, given advice - everything was well planned and we had a magnificent time. A good selection for breakfast and we went to the restaurant in the evenings which served lovely food. I even enjoyed the pizza and ice cream shop one evening, beautiful surroundings. All the staff were helpful and friendly. With it being in such a convenient place to explore the penninsula, I would certainly recommend it. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Renfro's Lakeside Retreat
Bird Creek Motel & RV Park
Bird Creek Motel & RV Park
#1 of 1 in Bird Creek

Been to Summit Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!