“Amazing - Exceeded All Expectations!”
Review of Inn at Tern Lake

Inn at Tern Lake
Ranked #1 of 3 Moose Pass B&B and Inns
Miami, FL
“Amazing - Exceeded All Expectations!”
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Every aspect of the Inn at Tern Lake exceeded our expectations. My wife and I went to Alaska to celebrate our 15th anniversary in February. The accommodations were spotless, the rooms large, and the views spectacular (see photos). Jeff and Rose, the owners, went out of their way to serve us, provide information, and anything else we needed. Rose's gourmet cooking & culinary talents are amazing: apple pancakes lightly dusted with freshly dried herbs from her summer garden, homemade cranberry scones, scrambled eggs with freshly graded parmesan & spinach leaves...need we say more? We enjoyed the fireplace and roomy sitting room downstairs (along with the kitchen) as an added bonus & place to relax to soak it all in. In case you're wondering, we loved being there in February (the "off-season"). Fresh snow, snow-shoeing, and a serenity which was priceless. We were going to originally stay in Seward but found this more remote location with central access to many points on the Kenai Peninsula a better choice for us. When we make it back to Alaska, this will be our first choice for accommodations given its very reasonable price (especially in the winter), rooms, views, cleanliness, and service.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coreymiami

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Naperville, IL
Reviewed 15 September 2009

Having stayed at various B&Bs and Inns in the US and Europe we always look for something unique, something special. We found it at the Inn on Tern Lake. The Inn itself is modern "Alaskan Modern", set on a small lake, with mountains on either side. The rooms are quite large and comfortable, each with a great view of the surrounding Alaskan wilderness. The proprietors met our every need and treated us like family. This is not a cabin in the woods, it is a full service Inn, with excellent accomodations, between Seward and Anchorage. Beautiful and Warm, and well worth the cost !

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Rohnert Park, California
Reviewed 1 September 2009

We had been planning & looking forward to our first trip to Alaska for two years. I booked a room at the Inn at Tern Lake almost a year in advance & kept being reassured that they had our reservation. I decided to re-confirm all accomodations a couple weeks before we left. One of the owners, Jeff, told me that he was sorry but that he had made a mistake & now had the entire inn booked for a wedding both nights we planned to stay there. However, he offered us their sister property, the Moose Pass Vacation Home, at the same rate. Although it wasn't going to be as scenic as staying at the Inn, I figured he had honestly made a mistake & was trying to make it right.

Thinking that all was arranged, we didn't arrive in Moose Pass until 7:30 PM that night & when I called Jeff to come unlock the door to the vacation home, he told me that "he couldn't find our reservation & the home had been sold"! He said he had left me a voicemail (which I never received) & would start calling some people to try to find a place for us to stay. We ended up staying at a motel in town for one night. When we returned home & checked the Internet, the Moose Pass Vacation Home was still listed on their website. We've done a lot of traveling in the U.S. & abroad & I never remember having such a disappointing experience with a hotel or B&B.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
AKMAN_9, Owner at Inn at Tern Lake, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
We are committed to providing wonderful hospitality and tremendous customer service for all of our guests. We can only say how sorry we are that we mixed up your reservation so badly. We can really understand your frustration and disappointment at us and the situation. We would be frustrated too.

We have since switched to a real-time, online booking system that will ensure that this unfortunate mistake will not inconvenience anyone else.

Our Apologies,
Jeff and Rose
kenai, ak
Reviewed 26 July 2009

We had a wonderful time staying with Jeff and Rose. The previous June we were married at the lodge and we celebrated our 1 year anniversary. They were wonderful and welcoming. The view is spectacular, the privacy and the sounds of Alaska are breathtaking. I would highly recommend staying at their lodge.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 20 July 2009

This is a very nice, fairly upscale inn. There are lots of less expensive places, but the rooms are really first class and the house, really an inn, is a gem! Set on a small lake, it is just a beautiful place. the owners are helpful and friendly. It's a magnificent place - they do weddings, etc. on the grounds. There is a small air landing strip. Breakfast is good. It's a bit remote from the usual attractions such as Seward, etc. Great hot tub. Huge rooms. First class place.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 June 2009

This is a very nice bed and breakfast located in a spectacular location. The views are incredible. The hosts were very nice. The breakfasts were excellent. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a quiet and restfull stay in a location with incredible beauty. As a first time visitor to Alaska, I did not realize how remote most of the state outside of Anchorage really is. The Inn at Tern Lake looks like the internet pictures. A number of other spots that I saw in person did not resemble the internet build up. The hosts were gracious and sincerely interested in our needs without being intrusive or pushy.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 22 June 2009

After my first trip April 2009 to Tern Lake with friends (we use the Inn as a quilting retreat), I was estatic to go a second time this month. And, I would go again. I have lived in Alaska for nearly fifty years and know the Kenai Peninsula very well. Tern Lake Inn is beautiful: the architecture, the location providing stunning views of the mountains and clear water from any window within the inn. The accomodations are very clean and modern. The inn is heated with in-floor circulating hot water and ventilated with an exclusive exhaust and fresh air system. For ambiance and extra heat, there are several direct-vent fireplaces located in the great rooms and some sleeping rooms. Our hosts, Jeff and Rose, are rare in the world of travel. Rose furnished great breakfasts and was attentive to any of our needs, including dietary. My husband and I are planning to stay at Tern Lake soon for a fabulous getaway after we raft the Kenai River. I hope to stay again with my friends for a fall retreat. Next time, I will bring a golf club or two. You will have to go to see what I know. Happy Bed and Breakfast-ing to you.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
#3 of 3 in Moose Pass
Bell in the Woods
Bell in the Woods
#1 of 44 in Seward

Been to Inn at Tern Lake? Share your experiences!