“Loved this place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moose Pass
Teddy s Inn the Woods Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Moose Pass B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We've stayed in many B&B's and I must say, this is probably the best! The unit itself is amazing! Teddy's breakfasts are outstanding! We stayed for three nights and had three very different and very delicious breakfasts each morning. Teddy brings the breakfast to the unit ... And quite frankly, I was like a kid when I heard her footsteps coming up the stairs each morning! The attention to detail in everything Teddy does is so nice. I call it her "Teddy Touches"! If you're near Seward, this is definitely worth the drive to stay at. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Alaska is expensive, no doubt about it. But places like Teddys leave a lasting positive impression. Feels like home and Teddy is a joy. Quiet relaxing comfort. Bring your humanity and it will be returned many times over!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Teddy's only has one space for rent -- an small apartment that sleeps five. I stayed there with my husband for several days and loved the peace and quiet, the space we had to relax, the great hosts and breakfasts, and the proximity to Seward. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Niecie-roth
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I stumbled upon Teddy's Inn the Woods on our first trip to Seward about two years ago. Since then, we have stayed there about 5 times, with plans to stay there again in a few weeks. There is a full kitchen with everything you need to cook a meal (you have to bring your groceries, of course), a bedroom, a living room, and a balcony that overlooks her beautiful gardens and half basketball court. We have taken friends and family there over the past couple of years, and every person has raved about the accomodations. Teddy asks you what time you would like breakfast the next day, and as she is also a caterer, let me tell you, it is AHHH-MAZING! We have never once had a bad (or even so-so) breakfast there. Lodging has always been immaculate, and Teddy is incredibly helpful.

There is a full or queen bed in the bedroom, the futon in the living room makes into a full bed, two bunk beds, and a window lounge with a mattress (like a day bed that doesn't fold out) that someone could sleep on. This room could sleep up to 7 people, but I wouldn't recommend more than 4. With 4 people, you will still have plenty of room to be comfortable, but I think with more than that, you'll be a little crowded. We have stayed there with 4 adults, and it was perfectly fine. We all had a great time!

Pros and Cons: Pros - Kids LOVE the two built-in bunk beds. I took my friend and her two kids, and they thought the beds were awesome. They also love the basketball court. Teddy's has wi-fi (free), so bring your electronics if your kids don't like playing outdoors. Teddy also has several board games in the room. Guys, fishing is close by, and gals, so are the shops. Seward is about a 20 minute drive down the road. The only cons (for some people) I can think of is there is no t.v. or cell service, which is also a "Pro" depending on the kind of getaway you're looking for. If you want the electronic technology, bring your iPad or computer, and you can use their wi-fi with Netflix and Skype (or their equivalents), and you have your shows and your phone services.

We LOVE this place!! Within an hour of being there, I can see the stress melt from my husband, as he "unplugs" from his phone and work. If you are looking for a relaxing bungalow, this is definitely the place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Teddy is this amazingly high energy lady in the small community of Moose Pass who is creative and industrious and has a gift for making others feel special. There is good reason that her bed and breakfast is so well reviewed. Teddy could give Martha Steward a run for her money!! Would stay there again, in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Of the three places we stayed during our Alaska vacation, this is simply the BEST! The warmth and hospitality of the hosts are just outstanding! Specially cooked, custom breakfast is delicious. The location, the view of fog covered mountain and the thick forest are beyond what words can explain! For a family, this is a heaven and you will get 100% attention of the host since you are their only guest! We even saved $180 using the coupon book we got from Teddy for the boat tour! WiFi is the last thing you would expect at such a location! Finally, the compassion and the willingness of Teddy to accommodate any emergencies is just humbling. Extremely rare breed to find among today's business oriented B&Bs. Some logistics. In general, you won't get good cell reception anywhere in remote Alaska. This is only if you have your own transportation. Be warned! Make this your last destination to avoid disappointment from the inferior B&Bs you are likely to find else where. You won't get swimming pool or fitness center here. Just go out and enjoy the nature, lake, mountains and hikes!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Really attractive back to back pair of beds custom designed to remind one of old fashioned railroad sleeping compartment.

How many breakfasts include smoked salmon?

In part, we chose this inn because ideally situated if wanted to do day trip to Seward or Homer and not stay in the city. We were able to spend an entire full day and did everything we wanted in Seward

I

Room Tip: There is only one unit available, but it is large and fully stocked. Wi-fi on hand and basketball co...