“Twin lakes the Super trip.. Bernie as our pilot provides an awesome experience”
Review of Alaska West Air

Alaska West Air
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Nikiski
More attraction details
Owner description: Air taxi, charters, fly out fishing, flightseeing, bear viewing and hunting
Reviewed 10 September 2012

It was my first trip to Alaska.. our pilot was Bernie he dropped us off and picked us up..He is an extremely skilled pilot, with northern hospitality (it just something special he went out of his way to do for us, secret, I will tell but not here) I just could not be more pleased with him and I want his job..life at home now is just a little more boring, I will never look at a roller coaster the same.. I could not have enjoyed my experience traveling over and through a vast mountain range.. I want to be short here .. Be if your looking for almost more fun than a 3 letter word that starts with s and ends in x.. Bernie at west air is your man.. thank you Bernie .. Robert Hinchcliffe Philadelphia Pa

Reviewed 27 July 2012

What a fantastic, family owned business tucked away in Nikiski, AK. Doug and Kelli Brewer make you feel right at home as soon as you step foot in their lodge/office. The owners, employees and contractors are very personable and helpful. The pilots are exemplary and informative as you travel over Cook Inlet to your lake destination. Wonderful scenic views, breath-taking. The guides, our guide especially, was absolutely on top of his game as we fished away from other boats in areas more isolated. We caught more fish and enjoyed more areas of the lake than all of the other boats. Because our guide was more in tune with the fish and where to find them, we even stumbled across a black bear swimming across a creek. The first trip was so enjoyable, we worked in a second day, two days later. I would recommend this company to EVERYONE. They will take care of you completely. I would even consider just staying at one of their cabins and fly into different lakes for days.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We throughly enjoyed our fly-out trip to Wolverine Creek with Alaska West Air. We flew their Otter and it was a beautiful and exciting experience. Although the weather did not permit flying over the glacier, we saw moose and bears on the flight. The pilot was professional and executed excellent landings. Their fishing guide was excellent and his knowledge of salmon and their habits was impressive. He took us to a secret spot and we caught our limit! Highly recommended!

1  Thank molokaigirl808
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We went twice on two fly outs to Wolverine Creek ... great time and good fishing

Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed at one of the cabins on Island Lake. My husband and son did a wildlife viewing trip with Alaska West Air. They flew with Doug the owner ,he was really nice a made my 14 yr old feel really special by letting him sit up front with him. We did a sockeye salmon fishing trip and Bernie was our pilot.. He has a wonderful personality and we saw several Bear and Moose on our trip with him. I was very apprehensive about flying on the seaplane and Bernie put me totally at ease ,before I knew it I forgot about everything but the beautiful scenery below me. The flight over the glacier was amazing. Thank you Bernie for helping me get over my fear of small planes, what a wonderful experience. Danny was our fishing guide, what a nice guy. We got our lines tangeled ,oh I dont know how many times and he would just laugh and say" it happens to all of us dont worry about it I will fix it" and he did. We caught our limit and had the time of our lives. Carol at the front desk was just the sweetest. We had gone clamming and had no idea how to clean them. . Carol gave us tips on cleaning them and some of her favorite recipes for salmon, clams and halibut. We spent about 6 nights in the cabins and found them to be cozy, quiet and just perfect. Some of the other guests had hunted and had nothing but great things to say about their trips. We will be back again, and my husband and son are already planning a hunting trip for next year.

1  Thank space1

Been to Alaska West Air? Share your experiences!