“Everything you want in an Alaska fly-in trip”
Review of Alaska West Air

Alaska West Air
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Nikiski
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything you want in an Alaska fly-in trip”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I travel a lot and use TripAdvisor, so I wanted to help others and share about the positive experience I had with Alaska West Air. I had the morning trip out to Crescent Lake and the views alone from the plane were stunning (and we hadn't even started fishing yet). Thank you Doug for the great piloting skills and the scenic tour by the glacier on the way back. Nick and Tony were fantastic guides. They made sure we all reached our goals. For me, this was limiting out on "Reds." They were patient in their explanation and very attentive to everyone on the trip. The scheduling was made easy through my work with Keri. She worked with me on getting on the trip I wanted when it was previously unavailable due to not having the numbers. Keri - thank you for your help leading up to the trip and hope you had a successful Saturday fishing trip!

Hope this lets others know that they can enjoy a good time with Alaska West Air, and I hope to see them again in the next couple years when I bring my father up to Alaska again for another fishing trip.

-Ryan

Visited July 2014
1 Thank rshocka

Denver, Colorado
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 247 helpful votes
“Hands down the highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed over three weeks in Alaska and did not have this booked. One day, I woke up and said, "I'm in Alaska, damnit, I want to see some bears!" so we impulsed bought this for two. Ahhh, the price was ridiculous, but now, looking back, well worth it. We went fishing, caught our limit, and saw a momma bear with her three cubs. She swam right out to our boat, within ten feet of me. Best experience of our whole trip...would do it again in a heart beat if I could...regardless of the price. And they let me "Co-pilot" the planes. :)

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Egordon12
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fly out to the Nushagak”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We had a rough start to our trip. A woman became unconscious . They called 911. The woman was awake an taken to the hospital . We were told that they would stay later ,at the Nushagak . Due to the delays. We were in the air 2 hrs 20 mins . When we got there the wind & the rain were making fishing tough. Shorty there after, some of the people on our flight took shelter. 3 of us contined to fish. We were never asked if we wanted to leave. The told us we were leavening after maybe 2 hrs. My friend and I are from Pittsburgh. We spent a lot of money to get this opportunity . Only to have it taken away. No one offered another place to fish. No one offered a thing. No even , I am sorry we have to leave. I am pretty sure ,we left because the other people quit due to the weather . When you go out on a charter boat and someone gets sick you don't turn the boat around . You finish your charter . Unless the people on the charter agree. We were never given any choice. I felt like we had no voice in the mater. What a waste to time & money. I would avoid this service.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank 1justfishin
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Flight”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Had a great flight and fishing trip through Alaska West Air to Crescent Lake! Our pilot took us on the most beautiful route on the way back to see the glacier. Outstanding experience!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank jessicat9673
Richboro, Pennsylvania, United States
“Twin lakes the Super trip.. Bernie as our pilot provides an awesome experience”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

It was my first trip to Alaska.. our pilot was Bernie he dropped us off and picked us up..He is an extremely skilled pilot, with northern hospitality (it just something special he went out of his way to do for us, secret, I will tell but not here) I just could not be more pleased with him and I want his job..life at home now is just a little more boring, I will never look at a roller coaster the same.. I could not have enjoyed my experience traveling over and through a vast mountain range.. I want to be short here .. Be if your looking for almost more fun than a 3 letter word that starts with s and ends in x.. Bernie at west air is your man.. thank you Bernie .. Robert Hinchcliffe Philadelphia Pa

Visited August 2012