“great place near Fairbanks alaska”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beaver Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Pole
Beaver Lake Resort
Parma, Italy
“great place near Fairbanks alaska”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Great place, very clean. Friendly peoples at lobby.
The suites are spacious, fully furnished with kitchen, bedding and wifi. Beatiful lake and park
The resort is located in the Fairbank area without the big expenses of a regular hotel

Room Tip: The best are the suites on the lake
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Simi Valley, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

What a great location!!! Right on the Beaver Lake and the grounds are very nice, trees, lake, grass, flowers and Jesse the manager was very nice. BUT......and I say that because the property has not had any renovation in decades. Not clean and that's a big one for me. Broken chair at the desk. Old drapes in the bedroom didn't work, lights burnt out in the refrigerator, only has a regular door knob & dead bolt, only old bent wire hangers in the closets, hair on the pillow cases, sink, etc. the final straw was when I took a shower in the tub shower combo, the water didn't drain..Yikes! AND there is a huge odor of raw sewage outside near the front.....
That being said...The bed was great and I must say that Jesse was very apologetic and refunded my money for the night which is true customer service. He even realized that he couldn't accommodate me so we just parted our ways. Kudos to Jesse.
I do think this owner needs to spend some big $ and renovate this place. It has a ton of possibilities that are not being invested in.

Room Tip: None until it's renovated.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Perfect place to watch the Aurora! Huge rooms with high ceiling, & full kitchens. For the AB, if you go in March (& perhaps earlier months - ask the front desk if it's safe), walk across the frozen lake (5 mins in the cold, and variable amts of snow) which is the back yard of property to a small hill, then take photo's back towards the Motel & to the left of it (the north, where the AB's like to hang).

If you're into Snowboarding or Skiing, it's a 45 min drive to Skiland, or you can drive to Fort Wainwright 15 mins away, where the military lets civilians use their ski area. Or dogsledding? I highly recommend Muzzy's Place -- a half hour drive away in Two River's -- a wonderful experience through beautiful forests and frozen ponds!

But if you have teens or kids, avoid Rm 3210 -- folks below have an an infant and the floor transmits noise (mainly footsteps), disrupting their sleep.

Room Tip: if you have teens or kids, avoid Rm 3210 -- folks below have an an infant and the floor transmits no...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Yaphank, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Beautiful room, beautiful view, clean, comfortable, friendly staff. I had to look at my room key twice to make sure I had the right room! I highly recommend it! Full kitchen, spacious living room, slept like a baby! Close to "The Santa Claus House" and nearby shopping. Our trip was up to the Artic Circle and Beaver Lake Resort was our "Home away from home"

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marine778158
Cypress, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

This property was PERFECT for us! My husband and I went to see our son, who is an Airman stationed at Eielson AFB, and the location and amenities at Beaver Lake Resort were more than we had expected. The staff was helpful and friendly from my very first phone call through our check out. We were treated like family, not customers! Our room was neat & clean and it felt as if we were in a little cabin, not a hotel room. We will be visiting our son as much as possible over the next three years, and we will definitly be staying her every time. A big thank you to Jesse & the staff at Beaver Lake Resort for making our trip so special!

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom suite that over looked the lake and it was spacious and the view was beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to the North Pole to visit family. Our flight came in late, but once we arrived to the hotel, a key was waiting there for us since the office was closed. The bed was so nice and comfortable. We will stay there again on our next visit to Alaska.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mindy C
Goldendale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My family traveled to North Pole/Fairbanks for my nephew's wedding. We needed several rooms and my mom doesn't get around real well and cannot climb stairs. The staff made sure we had rooms on the ground floor and gave us a great rate for a suite to accomadate her. All our rooms were fabulous. Very clean, spacious and will full size refridgerators and lots of room! The staff and management were very helpful and went the extra mile to make sure we had every thing we needed. I highly recommend Beaver Lake Resort and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
#13 of 23 in Fairbanks
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn

Been to Beaver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!