“Always love the Valley Hotel!”
Review of Valley Hotel

Valley Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palmer
Valley Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Palmer
Reviewed 4 August 2011

It may not have the nicest rooms (always under some kind of construction), but the bar, cafe and liquor store there make up for that guest rooms, which are continually beingi updated. The hotel staff is the greatest! We will stay there whenever we go to Palmer!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gmccoy

Reviewed 29 April 2011

I stayed for a week while on business in town. The room was very small but clean if you don't count the mildew in the shower and the dried up remnants of something slipped on the side of the night stand. The heat in the room was turned all the way down but I had to leave the window open to get the room cool enough to be comfortable. The mattress was uncomfortable. This hotel is on the main drag so with the window open you hear constant traffic. One night there were drunks fighting right outside and the hotel would not usher them away. The walls are very thin, I could hear a man in the room next to mine snoring at night and there were kids upstairs partying and making noise around the clock. The tub faucet had a fast drip. The restaurant has okay food but poor service. Tiny fridge, no microwave, bathroom door doesn't shut all the way, only two towels, for $75 what can you really expect for Alaska. There isn't much alternative in Palmer, AK. I will not stay here again and would recommend that others not stay if they are trying to get a good night's rest.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank travelak907
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Rooms are very small, but very clean. It's blowing 40-60 with gusts to 80 mph and we can't hear it, the rooms are warm and the nice thing is..there's a restaurant open 24 hours @ day 7 days per week downstairs, so we don't have to leave...(all the locals hang out at the little bar downstairs, it seems to be very popluar.)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2010

My experience with this place is that the service was very good, the rooms were very small with exposed pipes in the room, no coffee maker or micro wave oven, tho they did have a small frig. Guess they are expecting you to go to the restaurant they have right there?
If you are planning to have a restful time here bag it..... the walls are paper thin I could hear the person in the next room hollering on the phone I had to turn the volume on the TV up! Then the next morning I got woke up a 4:45am to crashing & banging going on up above me (sounded like kids on a rampage) that carried on for an hour.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank AKWhisper
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a week since I was attending training nearby. It's an older building that has been remodeled so the room was pretty small and it was fairly clean. The room was furnished with new handmade furniture and was acceptable for me and my wife. We had no noise issues while we were there. Service at the hotel desk was okay but not great.

The food in the 24/7 Open Cafe downstairs was absolutely amazing!
We ate there alot that week since my training included meal tickets for the cafe. We had many different meals there and I can remember that we liked everything that we ate.
Some of the best food I have had and I come from a very small town.
Portion sizes tended to run on the large size. I'm so glad I only ordered 1/2 order of baby back ribs for dinner the one time as it was plenty for me.
They have excellent pies as well.
The cafe waitresses were very busy at times but did a good job.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Stayed here 7/28/10. Actually in the sister property, the Colony Inn, a converted teacher's dorm. You chek in at the Valley though. Did not eat at the restaurant but looked like a nice place. Second floor rooms at the Colony are pretty small and you must negotiate a fairly small landing from the outside. But once in it is clean and well appointed. Our room had two twins, was small, had a bath, TV, WiFi, refrig, no coffee maker but coffee was made in the AM in the hall. Room on the first floor with one queen looked bigger. Overall - would probably stay here again.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NationalParkHiker
Reviewed 9 November 2009

The 24 hour restaurant in the hotel equates to 24 hour noise. When the bars let out, the drunks go there to eat. Between 3 & 6 AM there were loud drunken people yelling in the parking lot. A call to the front desk didn't quite them down.

The rooms are small, o.k. for one person, but two people will need to keep finding a place to step aside to let the other pass.

The restaurant food is pretty good and the front desk people have the uncaring demeanor of postal workers. We will not stay there again.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank evetsAnchorage
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmer
Alaska's Select Inn Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle River/Anchorage Are
Best Western Lake Lucille Inn
Pioneer Motel
Pioneer Motel
#1 of 3 in Palmer
Alaska Garden Gate B & B
Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast

Been to Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!