“price is ok”
Review of Valley Hotel

Valley Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palmer
Valley Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Palmer
Sedona
“price is ok”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This hotel is ok for the money $82. per night The desk employees are sad sad . Bring your own coffee pot. No elevator. Restaurant is good home made desserts and friendly service open 24 hours. Ree ice may be obtained from the restaurent Also a nice bar and liquor store on prisimesses.

Room Tip: All rooms are small but clean no coffee ask for top floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Neil S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Amsterdam
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Hotel prices in Anchorage are way too expensive so we drove on to Palmer after landing, continue from there. Valley Hotel offers reasonable prices though a bit hard to swallow if you compare to motels in Lower 48. No complimentary breakfast, but a 24/7 diner is under the same roof.
That diner is good for breakfast but we decided for dinner to look elsewhere, at a Mexican restaurant around the corner.
Both hotel and restaurant I can recommend.
Originally I thought of staying in the Colony Inn but found it locked; at the Valley Hotel (or Valley Inn) I found it is theirs, they use it for an overflow I think.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I only stayed at the Valley Hotel as I was in Palmer on business and my hosts put me up there. The rooms were very small and felt dirty. Everything was threadbare. The bathrooms were the smallest I have ever used. The wifi only worked in some of the rooms. The desk staff were surly and when you asked for help you felt like you were imposing on them. The rooms on the back of the hotel faced the parking lot of the 24 hour restaurant and bar and it was noisy until after midnight (of course the sun didn't go down until after midnight either). Nothing about my stay there was pleasant. I would definitely say pay more money and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Sparky54

Travellers are raving about these Palmer hotels

Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2012

So......the hotel has a 24 hour cafe on the ground floor. The service there was ok, food was ok, the place needs some serious updating AND scrubbing though. Definitely not the cleanest hotel. Next time I will rather spend the few extra bucks and go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Marie H
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I did not know anything about the Valley Hotel prior to arrival. I wanted to be close to the Alaska State Fair and the Musk Ox Farm area and there were not many hotels to chose from in Palmer. When I entered the Valley Hotel to register for a room, the receptionist was very cold. Since the hotel has three stories, I asked if there are any ground floor rooms available. With an unpleasant voice and attitude, she wanted to know why I can not take the lower level room where I look up to the window and see people's feet walking on the pavement. Not wanting to argue with her, I took the room for one night. The small room was very warm and I had to sleep with the window open to keep the room temperature comfortable. There were no shampoo, conditioner, or hair dryer in the bathroom, but there were plenty of towels. If I remember correctly, my room was 101. I can open the door with a key from the hallway to enter the room, but there is no inside lock to lock the door. I learned that once I closed the door, the door will be locked from the outside. However, I would feel better if I can lock the door from the inside. I left early the next morning and will not return to Valley Hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank jwyc8
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 4 August 2011

It may not have the nicest rooms (always under some kind of construction), but the bar, cafe and liquor store there make up for that guest rooms, which are continually beingi updated. The hotel staff is the greatest! We will stay there whenever we go to Palmer!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gmccoy
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I stayed for a week while on business in town. The room was very small but clean if you don't count the mildew in the shower and the dried up remnants of something slipped on the side of the night stand. The heat in the room was turned all the way down but I had to leave the window open to get the room cool enough to be comfortable. The mattress was uncomfortable. This hotel is on the main drag so with the window open you hear constant traffic. One night there were drunks fighting right outside and the hotel would not usher them away. The walls are very thin, I could hear a man in the room next to mine snoring at night and there were kids upstairs partying and making noise around the clock. The tub faucet had a fast drip. The restaurant has okay food but poor service. Tiny fridge, no microwave, bathroom door doesn't shut all the way, only two towels, for $75 what can you really expect for Alaska. There isn't much alternative in Palmer, AK. I will not stay here again and would recommend that others not stay if they are trying to get a good night's rest.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank travelak907
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmer
Best Western Lake Lucille Inn
Eagle Hotel
#9 of 12 in Palmer
Alaska Garden Gate B & B
Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast

Been to Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!