“Good food”

Long Rifle Lodge
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Palmer
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Description: Our lodge overlooks the 20+ mile long Matanuska Glacier. It is located at mile 102.2 Of the Glenn Hwy/Scenic Byway. We offer wonderful homemade desserts, great burgers and microbrews on tap. It is the perfect place to relax after a hiking, ice climbing or whitewater rafting trip.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It had a relatively mall menu, but you will find something for everyone. The Glacier burger and sweet potato fries were yummy! GREAT view of Matanuska Glacier.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The view is beautiful - a little confused why the rooms' porches face the road and not the view? But, we were there to eat and with that the service was a little strange. They say full bar, and when we asked about making something the waitress said something to the effect that they don't want to try it, just order beer. She was very nice and friendly, but just obviously not interested in being too energetic about doing much of anything at that time. Food was fine, but someone had a ham sandwich and it was over $15? I had just expected something a little different based on the reviews, but still a great view and a unique choice.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This cool little restaurant is settled in overlooking the Galcier with some beautiful views. The Coffee is pretty good and the food is priced decently and well prepared. I had the Philly Cheesesteak with fries and my wife had the Cheeseburger with onion rings. Both were very good, but the fries reminded me of my mom's fries she used to make from raw potatoes and fried in Crisco was a wonderful trip back in time. The Restaurant is decorated with lots of animals. I asked who did the taxidermy because they were done so well and the sever told me some of them were 30 years old and done by multiple people. I was very impressed not one out of shape face or ruined eye.

1  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

2 friends and myself were driving from Fairbanks to Anchorage and had come across Sheep Mountain Lodge further up the rod so stayed there for the night. Next morning when we left we came across this place so stopped in for brunch. The people were very welcoming, views stunning and restaurant lovely and cosy. Food was very good and when we left we felt happy we stopped.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is the only place to eat near the Matanuska Glacier and we were hungry after trapsing around on the glacier. We were pleasantly surprised. The burgers were good, staff very friendly and the view of the glacier was awesome.