“Sleep in your car” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Palmer B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Sleep in your car”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

If I ever have to choose between sleeping in the car or the Eagle hotel, it will be the car! Very poor service offered by hotel staff, the place is dirty and stinks, and its way over priced for what you get. If the Eagle hotel wants repeat business they will need to change the way they operate and the entire staff.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Codybear11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Willis, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Of all the hotels I've stayed at I have to say I have enjoyed the Eagle Hotel the most. I was new in town from Houston, TX and the staff was very friendly in welcoming me to the community and making me feel at home. I took some time to talk to some of the employees and got to know them, they have a great dedication to their customers and it shows in the product they bring, from the restaurant to the rooms. To those that gave a poor rating, read your emails, check your reservations, and know the policies, I did. We were advised when there were live bands scheduled and every effort was made to switch rooms upon PRIOR REQUEST. If you messed up on how many days you booked for, double check and read the cancelation policy. It's your money and your responsibility to know the policies. All in all, excellent stay and my top pick for when family and friends come to visit!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Zack W
Port Byron, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I are from central New York and stayed at the eagle for 10 days in August 2013 and were very happy with our stay. Room was large and clean with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Oh and of course a tv. The staff was super nice and always available! After a day of adventuring coming back and ordering from the restaurant was perfect...the food was great, especially the pizza rolls! It's a great place for the average person to stay who wants to get out and experience the Alaskan life. Overall, we were very happy and plan to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessi F
Bee K, General Manager at Eagle Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
We are glad to hear you were happy with your stay. Thank you for your feedback.
Seward, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We visited on 12/14/2013. This hotel is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. They have nobody at the front desk for about 4 hours in the afternoon. They have no phone in the rooms to call the front desk and when you do call whoever answers the phone does not know what their doing. They say they have internet and apparently nobody that works here knows how to help a guest get on it. Learn how a business is suppose to be to please your guests. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Jessicaharvard

Travellers are raving about these Palmer hotels

Hoboken, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Palmer is a small town with limited hotels. Not a great value for the price we paid for a 2 bed room (comparable to 3-star hotels). The hotel room had mountain views and just across the street from Visitors center. However, room was not well maintained with low lighting, old coffee in the pot, not enough towels, shaky plumbing, otherwise room was clean. Depending upon the room you get, there is a bit of navigation to get to your room if on the corner. Did not have any noise issues from the restaurant during our stay

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank virish
Effingham, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Well all I have to say is either request a room far away from the bar or don't stay there when they have a band. After traveling all day from Illinois flying all over the US until getting into Palmer around midnight all we wanted was a good/quiet night sleep. Well guess what, they gave us the room directly above the bar and there was a band that didn't quit until about 1:30. As I was brushing my teeth at the sink the floor was vibrating. After the band was finished the DJ started and that was loud too. I even asked at the front desk when we checked in if we would hear the band and the lady said "maybe a little", we could hear everything the singer was saying. I only give this place a 2 because it at least was a little clean.
If you want security when you are sleeping, there is no chain on the door and no dead bolt. Don't assume the door automatically locks on the outside, like we did, you may have strangers accidentally walk into your room in the middle of the night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights. We had the room directly above the bar and guess what? Band started at 10 and what a ruckus. The hotel should really not rent the room we were in. Why do I rent a room in a hotel with a bed? Maybe so I can sleep? The staff seemed annoyed to check me in because it seemed the bar was more appealing. Next morning staff was much more friendly. Room was also very, very hot. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Laura M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmer
BEST WESTERN Lake Lucille Inn
Knotty Pine B&B
Knotty Pine B&B
#4 of 12 in Palmer
Alaska's Lake Lucille Bed & Breakfast

Been to Eagle Hotel? Share your experiences!