“Good pasta!”

Eagle Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 52 Restaurants in Palmer
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We went there twice at night in June. The place was very (very) quiet. Not really a festive atmosphere!

But, after a long day in the mountain, it was fine. The food was really good and the service was perfect.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My friends and I sat at a table across from the Palmer Visitors Center and watched tourist explore Our Palmer Alaska. We looked at the community gardens and Matnuska Peak with fresh June SNOW. I always get the pizza muffins that come in a red or white sauce with your choice of two toppings. I settled on white sauce with Canadian bacon and tiny pepperonis was a prefect balance. I also got to try the best fried zucchini with a ranch dipping sauce or red marinara sauce. They were fresh and crisp not frozen.
The place was clean but I can not stand the smell of pine-sol.
They took my favorite dessert tiramasu too bad they had the best.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

First time here. Prices for the buffet were responsible and food was good. And you can't beat the free coffee for those of us over 55.

1  Thank Walt M
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It's so disappointing to have a bummer trip to a place and let them know, hoping they might improve. Then to go there again and have them beat their old dismal record.
A family visit last fall/winter was definitely a poor dinner. A business lunch last month demonstrated they could fall lower.
I love to support local business but simply can't do it when 'poor' is the best they can muster. I really hoped they'd salvage the last trip by really making this one good. Alas, they didn't.
It started with a 'on the board' daily special. I asked for it and was shortly later told that the cook that posted it wasn't working and the cook on duty didn't know how to make it. WHAT? One of my business partners made the same order and was surprised too. We changed out orders.
A few minutes later the server returned and said the cook 'would try his best to make the meal.' I let him try. It turned out okay but it was a pretty weird situation. The other guy passed and stuck with his second choice.
The meals (five of us at the table) all came out piece-meal, with salads after sandwiches, soup after burgers, etc. They definitely weren't well organized.
I had to go to the counter to find a water pitcher or coffee TWICE because our server was nowhere to be found.
Oh, and to be sure, there were five or fewer tables with folks at them so there was no excuse of overload.
Sorry, gang, I won't be back.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Rolls were very good. Price was comparable to anywhere else. This restaurant is attached to a hotel. Service was good.