“They say never judge a book by it's cover”

Alaska Choice Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palmer
Alaska Choice Inn Motel
Ranked #9 of 13 Palmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Were we lucky? I don't think so! We stayed at this establishment for 15 days. We were concerned because everyone in the town said we were making a mistake. Well, let me tell you, they are the one's making a mistake by not recommending it. I don't think I have ever stayed in a place SO clean and not one bug or spider the whole time. Price? You can't do better. The people that work there act as if they have known you forever. Thank you Roland, Wynter and all the staff for such a good time and place to stay. We stay in all the chain motels in the lower 48 and this rates as one of the best.

Room Tip: Rear corner (side) rooms are best. It's quiet in the entire establishment.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lanny B

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We called literally 20-30 hotels in Anchorage and all were booked. This was one had rooms and a very nice front desk employee. The room had older decor but was clean and nice. You can't compare it to the Hilton, but for a small town hotel was just fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aikeas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Dumpy, small.noisy, dirty, old motel .In Alaska for 2 weeks and only property we did not look up on trip advisor before booking. Big mistake,We were looking for a place to stay between Anchorage and Denali on our 1st day in Alaska, but this is not the place. Terrible

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

So you've read the other reviews... We get it, this ain't the Ritz! It's December, I just drove 14 hours, ice is falling from the sky, and in the distance I see the glow of a dim highway sign, "Alaska Choice"
It truly was my salvation.

So I walk into my room (#101), it's just that, a room. Double bed, 2 nightstands, about a. 36" flat screen, mini fridge, microwave, shower, toilet, and a coffee pot.

Sure, there's some crud in the sink...I turned the sink on, no more crud...although it did drain extremely slow, which explains the crud.

I didn't mark the service 5 because I didn't need service, I checked in, took an amazing shower, went to sleep(nice firm mattress), then checked out. I'd stay here again, this place serves it's purpose well.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Yukondrew
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Cigarette ashes in the sink, toilet looks like it hasn't been cleaned in over a year...dead gnats floating in the toilet water. Entire room wreaks of smoke. I checked in at 10 pm and they don't open their front office until 9:30 tomorrow morning. I'm stuck in this awful room until then. I took a couple of sheets that I use for my dogs out of my car and slept on them. Only hoping they will refund the rest of my stay tomorrow when I check out.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank major_league
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The room was dirty ( I believe I killed a lice on the pillow) and the room reeked of cigarette smoke! What more can I say! It was the worst room we have had all month in Alaska! We would definitely go out of our way by 100 miles to avoid this motel!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marian F
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We (spouse, 2 kids and I) stayed here for 1 night in June 2013. The GPS showed the hotel at an incorrect place and it was only after I called the hotel - they let us know the exact location. The owner was very helpful and provided feedback on all dining options when we checked in.

The room was very average quality but than that's what you expect at this place. The furniture was very old as well. Fortunately - the hotel had a laundromat, which helped us when we needed it. One of the dryers was not working and we only figured this out after 45 minutes and $1 gone on that machine.. If you are looking for more dining options and better place to stay, I recommend you drive to Wasilla and/or Anchorage.

Basically, this is a very old motel and so if you are looking for something new, you might want to skip this place. I must though state that the owner was very helpful overall...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family