“Nice place, comfortable beds & spacious.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palmer
Alaska's Harvest B&B
Ranked #1 of 13 Palmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Only stayed one evening, but everything we needed was provided. We could come and go as we pleased and were not held to any schedule. We were there with other family, so that made it even more comfortable since we didn't have to share with other guests. Collette & Joe were very accommodating & gracious hosts. Comfortable beds, nice views & plenty of room. Alaska B & B's are a little different that what you might find in New England or elsewhere from my experience, so depends on what you are looking for. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Cindy F
There are newer reviews for Alaska's Harvest B&B

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my friends - 6 of us - for two days at this amazing b&b in the Pioneer suite. Our host Collette was wonderful. She opened up her lovely home for us and we felt truly welcome. The room was perfect, there were yum baked goods awaiting us - a perfect retreat after being on the road for a week. She even showed us the best place for to eat in Palmer and marked up the map with places to see. I would totally recommend staying here and would definitely go back next time.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 July 2013

For the past 2 years I have held 3 retreats at this Bed & Breakfast. One in the spring and 2 in the winter. The home is so inviting, such a welcoming feeling. The owner has an eye for detail and every room shows it. Nicely decorated in Alaskan decor. I am a local and someday, when family travels this far to visit, I am having them stay at this B&B- it offers privacy and convenience, cleanliness and safe surroundings. Look out any Southern facing window and see majestic mountains.
I have also stayed here by myself as a get away for me time- perfect! The host does not follow you around looking over your shoulder, I appreciate that. Safe environment, peaceful and relaxing.
Thank you Hand family for all the wonderful experiences I have had and hope to have many more!

Room Tip: Pioneer Suite is perfect for a family and private entry. Gold Mint room is great because it is close...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tammy B
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We loved Alaska's Harvest B & B! It is not your traditional B & B, where the hosts hover over you the entire time. You are in their home and they come and go about their business.Collette and Joe are wonderful hosts!! Only met them a few times during our stay, but everything was perfect! Our room was the Gold Mine room and it was on the lower level. Since we had this room, we actually had the entire level to ourselves. This included the "family room and pool table area". The view is spectacular! The entire house is spotless and very inviting. Our room was very cozy and comfy! We were in Palmer to watch our son play summer collegiate baseball with the Mat-Su Miner Baseball team. We followed his team around the Palmer/Anchorage area and would get back late at night. This B & B suited our needs and schedule perfectly. If we ever get to Alaska again, we will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

The view is breathtaking. And the surroundings are quiet. Got a great night sleep in the comfortable, clean, roomy atmosphere and wasn't bothered by anyone else. So calming and relaxing with the sheep just grazing in the background. Needed a peaceful getaway and got more then I expected.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 29 June 2013

First, the positives - very comfortable bed, very clean rooms and house, terrific decorating (if you like taxidermy!) and gorgeous view. Now, the not so positive - if you stay in a B & B to enjoy a terrific hot breakfast before your day's adventure, this is not the place to stay. Breakfast is fix-your-own in your room and consists of things such as cereal, breads, bagged pastry, yogurt, and juice. There is also coffee and tea. If you enjoy interacting with the hosts and other guests, this is not the place to stay. We happened to see the host as we drove up - otherwise we never saw her. Since breakfast is in your own room, there was no opportunity to visit with others. Indeed, we never saw anyone in this large house after our initial encounter with the host. It was rather eerie. Also, none of the doors lock - exterior or interior (well, you can lock the room door when you are there, but you can't lock it when you leave). I found this a bit disconcerting. I don't think I would stay here again just because when I visit a B & B I like to have a more personal touch. The note from the owner in the room made it very clear that they did not feel like it was their job entertain us and that we should not expect to talk to them or to see them.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reba100
collette h, Owner at Alaska's Harvest B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

It is true that there are some guests we dont get to interact with much at all. When a booking is made I do explain this and send an email stating again that we do a lot of hiking, motorcycling and enjoying our short summers just as the tourists do! I never want ANY guest to feel slighted at all, so this does make me sad. I apologize that the stay was not truly wonderful as that honestly is my personal goal. For those who may wonder at the note in the rooms, I have copied and pasted the exact note here for your viewing. Again, my apologies to our June guest whose stay was less than they had hoped for. It's hard to know, at times, how much to interact as we have also had many guests leave notes that they appreciated the privacy given and felt very much like family or 'at home' and able to relax or do whatever they liked without feeling uncomfortable or as though they were intruding in our home. For all of you who visit Alaska, regardless of where you stay, I would have to say you will LOVE your time in our majestic state! Please DO come for a visit!! We'd actually love to be your hosts also!
ps. The outside doors do all have deadbolts, but we have never felt a need to lock anything and have never experienced any trouble. The rooms and bathrooms all have locks, just normal inside house locks. No one has ever had anything disappear in our many years of running the B&B so we have not found a need to change what seems to work well already. Collette

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are so very glad that you have chosen to stay here at our home!

If we are out and about while you are here, please accept our apologies now. When summer FINALLY arrives we are as eager as any vacationer to go “play” in our amazing state too! We do a great deal of hiking, biking and motorcycling.

After our long winters (basically 8 months+) we get a bit of ‘cabin fever’ and try to be out enjoying our short summer as often as possible. If you were to come visit during the dead of winter, we would be happy to sit around the fire and spend the evening visiting and sipping hot cocoa.

We simply live our normal summer lives and are often gone for long hours arriving home quite late after a day trek.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you should happen to want to purchase something from the gift shop, (located thru the kitchen door in the guest “office” area) the prices are on each item. Please simply leave a note in your room listing the item and price, along with payment in cash, or a MasterCard or Visa (including exp date). We pretty much run everything around here on the honor system, so please feel comfortable doing the same.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again, it is important to us that you enjoy your stay and feel welcome and ‘at home’. Enjoy your Alaskan vacation!

God bless you and keep you safe as you travel. Collette and Joe

Reviewed 7 June 2013

From the first second you walk into Alaska's Harvest B&B you feel like your right at home. The attention to detail is obvious and its authentic, like your host Joe and Collette. From my first conversation with them to saying our final goodbye Joe and Collette made you feel like family. This B&B is 5 star all the way, do not hesitate you will not regret it. OH yeah, the view off the back deck with your morning coffee, "priceless". I will recommend this B&B to everyone, thanks again to Joe and Collette for a wonderful time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmer
Best Western Lake Lucille Inn
Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast
Knotty Pine B&B
Knotty Pine B&B
#4 of 13 in Palmer

Been to Alaska's Harvest B&B? Share your experiences!