We stayed here for two nights on a coupon. The staff here was very helpful in all ways. The place is a little out of the way, but the location can't be beat. The room is just adequate. The views are outstanding. We were looking forward to having a wonderful dinner in their yurt, but were not told that the chef had quit. So the only thing on the menu was salad. A very pricey salad at that. So needless to say we were disappointed in dinner. We were tired after our drive there and didn't want to drive another 20 minutes or so to reach town for dinner so we sucked it up. The day we were to leave the electric went out and we had to prove to the owner that we had paid him. He collects his money when you make your reservation, so he should have known that we didn't owe him any money. I'm not too sure if I would stay here again. It is just OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Picture yourself on the deck of a beautiful cabin, pondering the serenity of the wilderness. Look for our resident moose or listen to the great horned owl in his favorite lookout tree on top of the hill. Knik River Lodge is remote enough to be true wilderness, yet just one hour by car from Anchorage. Perfectly situated for exploring South-central Alaska, we invite you to share our magical part of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Knik River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knik River Hotel Anchorage
- Knik River Lodge Alaska/Palmer