We were in Alaska for the third time and I had the best tour ever at this lodge! We enjoyed the sweet cabins, dinner in the yurt and the dark West Coast coffee, finally a good cup of coffee! All of this was wonderful but the helicopter ride out to Lake George to kayak with the icebergs was the trip of a lifetime. We came back after the first tour and Peter accommodated my request to go right back out and spend several hours! We were so happy that our guide shared our enthusiasm for this adventure almost more than we did which was refreshing and fun. I cannot wait to come back and I hope to spend several days with the icebergs and a thermos of the great West Coast coffee. If you miss this adventure you have missed a life changer! Randy, you are the best and thank you so very much for making sure we got to the huge iceberg! By the way, the small freezer in cabin 2 may still have my small iceberg that I brought back in my pocket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Picture yourself on the deck of a beautiful cabin, pondering the serenity of the wilderness. Look for our resident moose or listen to the great horned owl in his favorite lookout tree on top of the hill. Knik River Lodge is remote enough to be true wilderness, yet just one hour by car from Anchorage. Perfectly situated for exploring South-central Alaska, we invite you to share our magical part of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Knik River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knik River Hotel Anchorage
- Knik River Lodge Alaska/Palmer