“Excellent Lodging in Petersburg AK”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Petersburg
Waterfront Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Petersburg B&B and Inns
Tempe, Arizona
“Excellent Lodging in Petersburg AK”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Looking for excellent lodging in Petersburg, Alaska ? The WaterfrontB&B is a super choice. Clean, quiet and 74 steps from the Car Ferry. You will not leave the breakfast table hungry. Sammy prepares good hearty fare and if you are lucky, LeRoy will feed the Eagles and let them swoop past your head.

Room Tip: Facing the pier is best
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Waterfront B&B. I arrived early and although my hosts were not in, there was a fully detailed note and key left for me and I found my way around without any difficulty. It is right next to the ferry terminal - easy for someone walking. A good walk into town but lots to see and easy walking. The breakfast was wonderful and I found both my hosts friendly and helpful. Leeroy dropped me into town the first day (at the Museum which was great to look at) and took me to the airport on the day I left at no cost, Sammy printed off my boarding pass in advance. The room was clean, new and comfortable. The location was wonderful, on the waterfront with eagles flying by regularly. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Las Vegas
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed in Petersburg for several nights at the Waterfront. The place is very close to the ferry terminal so you do not have to carry your luggage far. Our room was comfortable but clean. Our host appeared to be initially sort of standoffish but once you got to know him, he was quite friendly.

Breakfast choices were limited but tasted good. He also said that if we wanted to use the kitchen facilities to make our dinner, it was OK as long as we cleaned up afterward. You can't ask for more than that.

There is really not a lot to do in Petersburg and we stayed there mainly because of ferry schedules. The Waterfront B&B was an acceptable place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I'd like to echo another reviewer's comments--where do all these positive reviews come from? On the positive side--the B&B was clean and we didn't mind the 15-minute walk into town. The sitting room with TV was pleasant. Luckily no ferry noise. On the other hand, the hosts were taciturn and not particularly forthcoming with help; the breakfasts were plentiful but just average; the entrance to the rooms was piled with chair cushions and other porch detritus; the only chair in our room was a folding webbed beach chair; and the bathroom "amenities" consisted of a pump of antibacterial soap. Perhaps it is #1 in Petersburg--we didn't hear many good things about the hotels and motels in town either.

Room Tip: Stay away from 4 and 5--their entrances are off the kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scubalo
missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Good location, just two doors down from end of ferry ramp. Leroy and Sammy were wonderful hosts--even allowing us to stow our luggage early morning before check-in time. Breakfast was delicious each morning. Beds were comfortable and we didn't find outside noise much of a distraction. It's an easy 15-20 minute walk to town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
chillicothe,mo
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Sammy and Lee Roy are such hospitable hosts, and the breakfasts were great! I enjoyed this clean,well-appointed B & B for 2 weeks. I recommend it if you like B & B's, waterfront views and are visiting Petersburg to see the beautiful area. It is close to downtown, several restaurants and the ferry. And a real treat was observing the eagles which are frequently seen "fishing" in the nearby bay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We just left this B&B and will certainly recommend to anyone travelling to Petersburg. The location was great. The deck overlooked the water and ferry dock. It was a 2 min. walk from ferry dock. There were eagles on the outside the deck almost constantly. The hosts Leroy and Sammy made us very comfortable and always ready to accommodate our needs. They even allowed us to leave our luggage in the family room until our 11PM ferry departed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Tides Inn
#1 of 2 in Petersburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence

Been to Waterfront Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!