All reviews rainbow trout float plane fish star quality comfort food prepared meals the entire staff an adventure longer stay noah silvers kings fly gear river accommodations alaska
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Great location , with super friendly staff. Accommodation was nice , with a family friendly lodge. Fun meeting people from all over the world , who came to fish for Silver Salmon. We arrived at the peak of the season , however the region experienced the worst rainfall in 20 years resulting in discoloured water and very poor fishing conditions. Mid range price . Food was great and did not go hungry. Great location and access to some of the best fishing in Alaska. Alaska is still on my bucket list and will be returning again this year.

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank ejs1960
Reviewed 6 October 2016

3 Best Friends celebrating life after life threatening illnesses; could not have fulfilled our dreams without the two best guides in Alaska from Alaska Fishing Lodge -Wilderness Place Lodge. Scotty and Shawna fulfilled a trip of a life time; with the best fishing experience one could ask for in the Alaskan wilderness. Talking about eating like King's; Shawna is a gourmet cook and you can't believe what she cooks up on the river. Both Shawna and Scotty brought a different perspective to fly/spey fishing that gave us three guys a great learning experience; even for seasoned fisherman. Netting King Salmon is more than just putting a net in the water; if I had to chose a guide that gives you solid confidence in netting your fish, it is Scotty. Both Scotty and Shawna go above and beyond to provide you with an unbelieveable fishing excursion. We caught more fish than each of us expected; with great diversity in catching Greyling, Rainbows and King Salmon. I am an avid fisherman and had the best experience ever. Scottie's and Shawna's expertise gave us a great experience in learning how to Spey fish (larger fly poles). Once we learned how to Spey fish none of us went back to the regular size fly pole from shore. Both Shawna and Scottie put us in premium water when floating the river. Enjoyed it so much I booked for my son, brother and brother-inlaw to go back and float the Lake Creek River with Scottie and Shawna again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Our holiday in Wilderness Place Lodge was spectacular. Atmosphere, hospitality, guide and fishing was amazing. Jason and back of house staff created a home away from home feeling. Dereck and his team created fantastic meals, particularly freshly caught wild Alaskan King salmon. Our two nights stay in Solitude island was unforgettable.
Thank you and see you again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016

Before you read this post, I would like to mention that I'm a guide part time in Boone, NC and a student at Appalachian State. As I sit here looking back on my stay here at WPL, I can't even think of the proper way to go about describing my trip. I don't think a single word can better sum up the staff, lodge and fishing here other than perfect. When I first arrived here, I was overwhelmed with how personable and friendly the staff were. The guides knew their stuff, the food was 5 stars, and the beds felt like fluffy marshmallows after a long day of wading. This was my first time in Alaska celebrating my 21st birthday and I was literally brought to tears the day we had to leave. We caught over 36 fish in a day and a half. Sure, the place is not cheap, but for what it has to offer I don't think you can put a price tag on it. My father and I became closer, I made new friends from all over the world, and have memories and pictures that will last me a lifetime. I hope one day in the future I can come back here again. Wouldn't recommend a different place!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank jpharr5
Reviewed 10 July 2016

We travelled to Wilderness Place Lodge all the way from New Zealand on a bucket list trip. We were not disappointed. All our expectations and goals were met. The friendliness of the staff, fantastic facilities and epic fishing made this a trip we will never forget. We will certainly be back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends