“Fun place with good food”

Buckets Sports Grill
Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Finding a friendly, reasonable price lunch restaurant in a tourist town can be difficult. The Buckets fits this category with aplomb. We had lunch and dinner there during our two week stay and both time the food was good, beer was better, and the atmosphere lively and fun. I would recommend this as a place to try.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stopped for lunch and were not disappointed. Good burgers and fast service. There are many TV's with individual sound controls on each table.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This is always our first choice when taking a break from fishing. Food and beer is great and when served by Allison it's an even better experience. Winner!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was my first visit to this eatery, though many years past I had enjoyed the original restaurant in same location. Somehow the name with sports grill had put me off. My son had eaten here before and said that the food was great.

I was very happy to find his info to be correct. Though their menu is tailored to 'quick' meals such as burgers, ribs, barbeque, salads and other grilled items and a variety of micro brews on tap with others bottled, everything was fresh and delicious.

My son and his wife both had the ceasar salad topped with a grilled chicken breast and extra marinated noodles and a bucket of fries. I had the smaller ceasar and a cup of clam chowder.
I shared the large order of fries with them and all of us had a great large piece of toasted garlic bread with our salads. The table near us had ordered the big burgers with fries and they appeared huge and apparently delicious.

The walls are covered with sports related items and lots of TVs. Each table has a speaker box so that you may hear whichever sports event you are watching, as well as Fox News. This keeps the noise down some. There is a outside patio that was being enjoyed with the good weather we have had.

I enjoyed the food here with great service and prices in line with Alaska. I will return.....

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very crowded, noisy, service somewhat slow, fairly expensive, BUT this is Soldotna in mid July when the Kings and the Sockeye Salmon are running. Every place is super busy! So if you are there during this time you have to expect crowds, noise and slow service. In Alaska the prices are always high for what you get. That being said the food is pretty good. Our group had their Halibut, Crab cakes, Salads, etc. Their Halibut is always a good choice. We go back every year when we are there so that tells you something. If you go in the evening and sit on the outside deck you will have some mosquitos to keep you company!
I've rated this place very good only as compared to your other choices.