“The best place we stayed in Alaska!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Escape for Two Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Soldotna B&B and Inns
meridian, ms
“The best place we stayed in Alaska!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This place was definitely worth checking out. We needed a place to stay on our way from Seward to Homer. We chose this place because it just looked like a romantic place to stay. There are 2 cabins, the moose and the dragonfly. We stayed at the Dragonfly on June 14th for one night. It was so amazing!!! I first spoke with Loni before arriving because I was arranging one of the romance packages. She was very sweet and I couldn't wait to meet her. Once we arrived she checked us in and she could not have been nicer. We went to our cabin and were just amazed. We had ordered the Honey Hungermooners romance package and let me tell you there was lots of food. She paid such attention to detail about everything. There is a great 2 person hot tub on the back deck with just gorgeous views. She also provides robes for you to use during your stay. She has breakfast for you to prepare in your cabin for the next morning. There is a lake that is closest to the other cabin ( the moose cabin) but it is not a far walk at all to get to it from the Dragonfly cabin. The lake is just gorgeous but we didn't get to spend much time at it for the mosquito. We definitely would love to come back here and stay for a little while longer. I just can't say enough about this place. I would give it a 10 if Tripadvisor went that high. Oh and one more thing. The cabin was very clean and had heated tile floor in the bathroom. Amazing place!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Naples, FL
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My mom, dad, husband and myself were on a 2 week trip to Alaska. My parents were in the dragonfly cabin and we were in the moose cabin- what a great time! Loni and Bruce (our hosts) met our every need. The breakfasts are wonderful, cabins cozy and very clean. What a treat! My husband and dad saw the mama moose and baby on the property. The deck on the lake was a great place to just sit and relax. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: If it is summer time, it is bright! Bring sleep masks.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Midwest-USA
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My husband and I stayed four nights at Escape For Two after a 1-week cruise of the Inside Passage, a night in Anchorage, and two nights in Talkeetna. It was, by far, the highlight of our Alaskan vacation. We stayed in the Moose Cabin, which is the bigger of the two cabins on the property and is located on their lovely lake/pond. Check-in was very efficient; we had the keys in our hands in no time. When we walked into the cabin and looked around, I literally clapped my hands and jumped up and down! It was so perfect. I believe there is literally nothing the hosts, Loni and Bruce, did not think of doing to make this a relaxing and enjoyable home-away-from-home. The kitchen was stocked daily with fresh fruit, homemade breads and granola, juices and eggs. The bedroom was made up with the nicest linens, and the bathroom had a jacuzzi-for-two, a towel-warming rack and a heat lamp. Outside, there are deck chairs on the back porch and stairs leading down to an over-the-water deck, complete with table and chairs, a fire pit and wood for burning.

The cabins were in the perfect location for us. While there, we took day trips to Homer and Seward, and driving to Anchorage to catch our plane was not a hassle. We saw a moose and her baby on the far side of the lake/pond the first day we were there. On our last night at the cabin, we cooked out on the grill that is provided and ate on the deck, feeling very sorry that we had to leave the next day.

I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone wishing to have a special place to stay while in Alaska. It was topnotch in every way.

Room Tip: There are two cabins on the property; the Moose and the Dragonfly. The Moose Cabin has stairs to an...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Kenai, Alaska
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My wife and I have stayed here for our past two anniversaries; this year my mother in-law rented the second cabin and our friends and family came out for Christmas Eve. We ate, drank, and played music 'til the wee hours of the morning. Bruce & Loni (the owners) came over for a while an enjoyed a couple of cups of my wife's hot spiced wine. The view was maginificent and the service impeccable. I just cannot say enough positive things about this lovely hidden treasure. Do yourself a favor and stay a couple of nights soon.

Room Tip: The Moose cabin has the best view but the Dragonfly cabin has a cozy hot tub built just for two!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed in the Dragonfly Cabin for 3 nights on our 2 week tour of the Kenai Penninsula. It was our favorite cabin. It is so comfortable and the decor perfect. We loved the breakfast items, they were delicious,especially the sticky bun, even the fruit was cut up for us. We enjoyed the hot tub and had fires in the firepit down at the gazebo. The cabin was so relaxing. From the wine glasses to cooking on the grill and seeing the moose in the yard. A true Alaskan get away. We hope to return someday!!!

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mesaluna
Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Loni was there to greet us in her new 'office' retreat. This time we stayed at the new Dragonfly Cabin (follows the theme right down to the lamp)! Destination (a nice lake), Decor (the cabin is so tastefully done with a complete kitchen) and Destination (great to get to other places such as Homer etc). The other D is Detail (heated floors, warm towels, rose petal . . . I could go on and on).

The fridge is stocked with eggs and goodies for breakfast. We also grilled out at one evening meal and enjoyed this neat place. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Thanks for the memories!

Room Tip: Either cabin is lush! Enjoy!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Our stay at Escape for Two was so much more than we could have imagined! Sometimes in Alaska, you don't get what you paid for. However, Escape for Two is an exception. It is private, comfortable, peaceful and beautifully decorated. The owners were very kind and clearly pay attention to detail. We didn't want to leave, as our stay was so relaxing. This is our new romantic getaway!!

Room Tip: Dragonfly cabin is beautiful and immaculate!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soldotna
Kenai River Lodge
A Cabin by the Pond
A Cabin by the Pond
#7 of 44 in Soldotna
Diamond M Ranch Resort

Been to Escape for Two Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!