“Romantic Escape - stay at least 2 nights!”
Review of Escape For Two

Escape For Two
Ranked #2 of 12 Soldotna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We only booked 1 night. I SO REGRET we couldn't stay longer! I have never experienced such attention to detail!. From the sound system piped into the loft bedroom and bathroom, to the rose petals on the bed, the sparkling juice chilling in a bucket of ice......I could go on and on! This is the most romantic B&B I've been in! Loni provided abundant and delicious options for our breakfast. Her granola was delicious. The basket of breakfast options with the danish specially wrapped with paper and ribbon was so pretty. Such a wonderful cabin. You must make this place a romantic retreat! Thanks for all you did Loni! I wish you great success.

Room Tip: The Moose cabin was excellant.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lond1826

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here as a port of home while we explored and fished the area. The cabin...The Moose....was beautiful, super clean, and had terrific views of the lake. The host was so kind and took great care in adding little details to make our stay very memorable. We so relaxed and enjoyed our stay. This is one of the best places we have ever stayed at, and we will come here if we ever come back to Soldotna area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our stay in the Moose Cabin was more than we ever imagined! Thank you. We travel frequently and this is the closest thing to home we've found. Breakfast was always amazing and the special touches were nice. Thanks for your kindness and friendship. Loni even called when there was a baby and mama moose in from of our cabin to make sure we saw them! We hope to return to this "escape" someday soon. In the mean time, we won't hesitate to recommend your cabins to everyone! Thanks again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while visiting friends in Soldotna over the Thanksgiving holiday. We did not want to leave! We stayed in the Moose cabin, aptly named as there are Moose details everywhere, inside and out. The propane heater kept us incredibly warm and cozy in the loft bedroom, despite the below freezing temperatures. The bed was incredibly comfortable! Loved the simple breakfasts of fruit and eggs that we made for ourselves in the morning. Loved the view of the frozen lake and the fact that we didn't have to worry about being woken up by the sun too early (thank you Alaska winter!). I hope we get a chance to return!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My fiance and I stayed for 3 nights in the Dragon Fly cabin in August 2012. The cabin is positioned in such a way as to provide privacy and a nice view from the porch and it's 2 person jacuzzi ( which came in handy after fly fishing). We used the grill each night to prepare dinner and were surprised and pleased with how well stocked the kitchenette was ( grilling tools, pot holders, seasonings, oil, pots, pans, foil, plastic wrap). We would eat dinner on the porch and enjoy the calm and peace. Loni is a terrific cook and we really enjoyed the homemade breakfast items and the beautiful fresh fruit. She has a special knack for providing an environment that inspires romance and togetherness. The bed was very comfy and the linens were all clean, fresh and nice to the touch. The cabin was clean and smelled fresh. We didn't spend much time in the gazeebo, as we were too busy enjoying the cabin and front porch, but it is a picturesque spot out over the pond. If we had known how nice this B&B was, we would have planned our Alaska trip to stay here longer. I can promise the next trip to Alaska will include more time at Escape for two. To be honest, we booked here based soley on the reviews from trip advisor and we were not disappointed. Couple of notes... The drive off the main highway may seem a little long or that you might be lost, don't worry. If you never thought fishing and romance could go together, try planning a couples fishing trip on the Kenai and staying here.
You will not be disappointed with Escape for two!

Room Tip: Either cabin would be great. Dragon fly cabin looks out over a hillside covered with trees, the oth...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anovelfan
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband & I came here Oct 2013 for our honeymoon! It has been incredible! Loni & Bruce provide above & beyond all our needs- breakfast, firewood, clean linens, & everything is e tea clean & comfortable! Her provided breakfasts are delicious! I highly recommend staying here! We stayed at another place in Talkeetna one night during our stay & it was horrible compared to Escape for Two! Loni knows how to spoil her guest! We have loved it!
Jen
From Mount Pleasant, SC

Room Tip: Sorry didn't mean to click fitness center or pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We arrived at Escape for Two August 24, 2013. We stayed in the Moose Cabin (for a week) and really did see a mama moose and her two babies. We never ate breakfast out. The fridge was stocked with breakfast items. The fresh fruit was great (even tho Loni thought we didn't eat enough)! The muffins and granola were great. It was great to have a place to come back to that was so quiet and peaceful. If you have any difficulties going up stairs stay in the Dragonfly Cabin as the Moose Cabin sleeping area is upstairs. We didn't have a problem with it, in fact, I liked it because I like to get up early and have my coffee, read, go out on the deck.....YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple