“Alaska the Beautiful!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Alaskan Fishing Adventures Accommodation
Beverly Hills, California
“Alaska the Beautiful!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had the best trip ever this summer! I am so excited my family and I decided to go to Alaska! I did lots of research before our trip so we could pick the perfect place to stay and fish. I am so glad we decided to go with Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing Adventures :) It was indeed the best trip we have ever had!

At first I was skeptical of bringing my 4 year old son to Alaska, but now I am so grateful that I did! He had the biggest smile on his face when he caught his first fish right off of the dock at Tim's Trophy. Tim Berg's son, Tim Berg Jr, was kind enough to fish off the dock with my son and help him catch some great fish! Ever since our trip, all my son has talked about is fishing! He keeps on asking me when we can go back :) I am so happy I was able to provide my son with such great memories by making the educated decision to take him to Alaska so he could really experience the best fishing around at such an early age.

The lodge staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to always go the extra mile. The rooms were super clean and the food was absolutely delicious! There was a pool table and great appetizers before dinner. The wine was absolutely incredible!

I could not imagine a better place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My most recent trip to Alaska was this past August. I headed to my favorite fishing grounds, which is the Kenai Peninsula, and Soldotna in particular. This was my 15th trip in the past 20 years to this incredible destination. I spent the entire 2nd week of August at Tim's Trophy Lodge, which is located right on the Kenai River.

I traveled with my three fishing buddies from Boise, Idaho ( these guys had never been here before so it was extra special to see how excited they each were with every hook-up). We were focusing on getting a variety of fish, especially sockeye salmon and silver salmon, plus everyone in our party really wanted to take home lots of delicious halibut fillets.

Back in 2002 when I was at the Tim's Trophy Lodge I landed a #89 lb. 4 ounce King Salmon, which is still in the IGFA Record book as the 9th largest King salmon Ever Caught. I also over the years have landed three big halibut over #300 lbs fishing with Tim Berg and his crew.

This latest trip was just as memorable as all the other trips I have been on to Tim's Trophy Lodge. The food was over the top, the staff was curtious, polite and helpful. The rooms are perfect and being able to fish right from the dock each evening right at the lodge is always a huge hit. We are all returning again in August of 2014 - but we are bringing our wives this time around!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Alaska
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing is not just amazing when it comes to their fishing and accommodations, their service is second to none. The beautiful Seascape/Seabreeze Lodges are located right on the inlet with a jaw dropping view which is why we decided to have our wedding there. Carol Berg was our wedding planner and she made our special day a dream come true! So many people told us that our wedding seemed straight out of a movie. From the big beautiful tents set along the bluff to the on site chefs that made an exceptional meal for the 200 people in attendance it truly was spectacular. It was an evening wedding that ended with fireworks and sky lanterns on the beach. The details, time, and effort that went into this was effortless on their part. They made sure everything was perfect. The food was amazing, baked salmon and smoked prime rib. The cake was from a local baker, The Cake Lady in Sterling, and the flowers were beautiful and fresh. There were so many things little things that made it big. Of course the accommodations are like no lodge I've ever seen; they are beyond beautiful. The fishing options are unlimited, from Kenai to Kasilof River to salt water fishing, we had it all. They have a great DJ they use and an amazing photographer. I cannot say enough about our experience. The Berg's know service. Our wedding was so awesome that it's going to feature in the Alaska Bride Magazine. This trip is a must; one to check off the bucket list :) Thank you again Tim and Carol!!

• Stayed August 2013
boise
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My family and I wanted to experience some outdoor fun and fish in Alaska. After reading reviews on many of the options, we were drawn to the experience Tim Berg was offering. We stayed at the Seascape Lodge, the pictures and reviews didn't do it justice! The place was beautiful, warm and welcoming. When the men went to fish, we had great days on the beach and exploring the surrounding areas.... I got out on the boat as well!! One of the coolest things is when you fish with them, they process your fish (clean it, cut it, flash freeze and vacuum seal it) at Tim Bergs actual processing plant, Peninsula Processing, and will fedex overnight it to you when you get home!!!!!!!
The beds were comfy with great linens, the food was phenomenal, and the hosts were absolutely wonderful.
We had the opportunity to check out one of his other lodges, Trophy Lodge, and that was really great too... more casual, but that depends on what you are looking for.
We want to make it a regular family trip as we had such a good time, and when we do we will most definitely book with Tim! Great time, great fun, great accommodations!

Thanks TIm Berg!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jacqueline c
randolph minnesota
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My wife and I just returned from a two week trip from AK. We stayed in Seward for six days fishing for three. We spent the next eight days staying at the Trophy lodge in Soldotna fishing four days. Everyone can find something negitive to say if they try hard enough. I found the boat crews to be first class. The staff at the Trophy lodge were great! Noll Curtis with his dry English sense of hummer made us feel right at home. Mark the chef not only was a great cook but was friendly and out going. I don't think you could find two people that could do a better job running that place then them. Don Smith from Minnesota

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is not your typical fishing/hunting lodge. Everything is really nice. The food is great. We stayed at the river lodge. It was very social. Noel was the man in charge, he was super accomidating. Lori the excusion planner made our trip so awesome. Mark the chef is so personable and what a super cook. The captains and mates all worked really hard to get you your fish. Thank you!! I will be back!!!

Room Tip: They have great wine, but if you want beer bring it with you. Noel will put it in a cooler filled w...